Our client is looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist. Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Occupational Therapist will be responsible for coordinating and providing restorative and rehabilitative Occupational Therapy services to participants at the Center and home.
- Conducting Occupational Therapy assessments in our facility and in the home to determine the Occupational Therapy care needs, preferences, and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and document Occupational Therapy interventions by physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to the use of devices, techniques, and activities to promote muscle re-education, perceptual-motor and cognitive function, balance, endurance, and other factors affecting the level of independence in performing ADLs.
- Providing training and instructions to staff, participants, and caregivers/families in areas of Occupational Therapy in which they may work with participants.
- Ordering, tracking, and managing maintenance for equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by AOTA and ACOTE standards
- Initial registration from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of California.
- Minimum of two years of Occupational Therapy experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Occupational Therapy knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants with complex needs
- Highly motivated, team player, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification /First Aid is required.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors