Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Clinic RN is responsible for coordinating and providing direct and indirect nursing care to participants, working in close coordination with the clinic Physician, clinic staff and other interdisciplinary team (IDT).
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting clinic nursing assessments to determine the nursing care needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and documenting nursing interventions as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to maintaining a healthy and safe environment, promptly and accurately responding to physician orders, and correctly administering medications and performing ordered tests and treatments.
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and updating the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or medical status.
- Working with the Physician and other members of the IDT to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- Instructing the participant, family and caregivers regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies.
- In coordination with the Marketing Team, supporting enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
- Participating in end-of-life care coordination and support.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred.
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/ First Aide Certification required.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual Spanish or Armenian preferred.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.