- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This individual n must have a minimum of 5 years of extensive experience working in federal government finance, accounting and must have a minimum of 1-year of "working" experience and knowledge using Deltek Costpoint v8.x Deltek Time and Expense v10, and Cognos. Preferably the candidate has a background in the areas of accounting, cost accounting, and finance. The candidate must be capable of taking directions from the company's business customers, implementing strategies and tactical solutions to achieve corporate objectives, being highly focused, with a track record of delivering cost-effective solutions to problems, reducing costs, understanding FARs and GAAP procedures, and managing operational costs.
We need a team-focused, strategic-minded, self-starter with strong management skills, a can-do
attitude and the ability to multitask to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
Staff Accountant Primary Duties:
- Work with project managers; assist in monitoring contract funding and updating monthly project control tracking
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to ensure smooth accounting operation, including working with project managers to perform project control.
- Monitor budgets, forecasts, and indirect rates; recommend cost control actions.
- Ensure all compliance and reporting requirements are maintained.
- Work with the company's outside accounting firm to assist with end-of-year tax preparation, tax planning, financial statement audit, and other similar duties when necessary.
- Support audits when necessary.
- Manage day-to-day finance and accounting, including timely month-end close, with a high emphasis on reporting and analysis.
- Possess a mastery of data analysis and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Prepare financial statements and reconcile various general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations; investigate any variances for month/year-end closing and propose adjustments.
- Manage cash receipts and prepaid journal entries.
- Processed complete cycle Accounts Payable.
- Manage Accounts Payables and Receivables and maintain the average collection timeframe to a maximum of 32 days.
- Manage billing for multiple government contracts, CPFF and T&M.
Requirements and qualifications to be successful in this role:
Successful candidates must possess experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial/accounting principles (GAAP), practices, and standards as applied to government contracting environment (e.g., FAR, DCAA Audits, SCA, etc., and reporting requirements for federal contracts, including GSA Schedules). Hard Requirement
- Experience and understanding of indirect rate, contract administration, and CAS standards, along with the ability to research technical accounting literature and apply such guidance to new and existing transactions Hard Requirement
Understanding and knowledge of Project Accounting, Financial Management, and Technical Accounting
- Excellent budget preparation and cash management skills
- Extensive skills in the control and reporting of the financial operations function
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, and banking working knowledge Hard Requirement
- Timely Month-end close P&L Management, Cash Flow Management, Financial projections/Forecasting experience Hard Requirement
- Experience with government bids, proposals, and pricing
- Committed to high standards, customer service, integrity, and ethics.
- Have the discipline to research complex matters across many disciplines.
Hardware/Software Packages Knowledge / Expertise
- Deltek Costpoint v7.1.1 and above and, Deltek Time and Expense v10 - Hard Requirement
- Cognos Reporting
- Proficiency in MS 365 Enterprise
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or economics is required.
- MBA, Certified Public Accountant - Preferred
HCRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
HCRS, Inc. will not discharge or, in any other manner, discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HCRS' legal duty to furnish information.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Two (2) weeks PTO
Eleven (11) paid holidays
Health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability
401k profit sharing plan
HealthCare Resolution Services, Inc. (HCRS)
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HealthCare Resolution Services, Inc. (HCRS)