Position: PRN Registered Nurse
Location: Chalmette, LA 70043
Employment Type: PRN (as needed basis) - no guaranteed hours. Clinic hours are Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Provides professional nursing care to our patients under the supervision of a team leader in a primary care clinic.
Do you love making the world a better place? For over 30 years, Health by Design has successfully blended medical care, physician knowledge, faith-fueled passion and personalized care to provide quality health care for corporations (including multiple Fortune 500 members), small businesses and thousands of individuals. It’s the way health care should work! We are committed to leading with a servant’s heart, creating change, and encouraging life balance.
At Health by Design, our RN's are responsible for the daily clinical operations and ensuring high-quality patient care under the guidance of Health by Design’s values, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assesses, triages, plans, provides, and evaluates patient care for a designated shift or clinic ensuring execution of physician orders and in accordance with company policy and procedures
- May delegate work to licensed vocational nurse (LVN) or medical assistants (MA) (as needed and depending on locations)
- Assists physician with procedures, dressing changes, and administering medications
- Performs phlebotomy and other lab tests, monitors blood pressure, blood sugar, EKG and other vital measurements as ordered by the physician
- Coordinates with patients regarding scheduling office visits, follow up for test results, medication refills, referrals, and insurance issues
- Provides patient health and wellness education; informally and through the Health by Design Health and Nutritional Coaching Programs
- Administers allergy and other injections as ordered by patient’s personal physician or allergist per Health by Design policies and procedures
- Responds to a variety of medical emergencies that present to the clinic
- Documents patient care and codes visits appropriately in the patient electronic medical records
- Assists with coding and claims on patient encounters as needed under guidance of the team leader
- Assists the team leader as needed to maintain a functional clinic
- May function independently under standing orders when needed
- May serve as team leader in the absence of the Clinic Team Leader
- Assists the team leader with communication, promotion and coordination of clinic services with client company’s Human Resources and Management team
- Serves as a steward for Health by Design philosophy and resources
- Performs necessary administrative responsibilities, to include, but not be limited to, answering phone calls and voicemails, scheduling appointments, scanning and faxing patient documents, to ensure optimal clinic workflow.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred but will accept Associate Degree or Hospital Diploma with equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of two years nursing experience (direct patient care)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Nurse License in the state where services are provided
- CPR Certified
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and other employees
- Basic nursing skills to include the ability to respond to emergencies
- Basic mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills with respect to working with an Electronic Medical Record
- Computer skills to include, but not limited to, electronic medical records, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and other lab collections, EKGs, wound care, nebulizer treatments, allergy injections
- Ability to operate and maintain the clinic medical equipment
- After employee orientation, the above preferred skills will become required for the position
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; talk; and hear
- The team member is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The team member may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, with occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job descriptions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other team members.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their team leader in compliance with federal and state laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the team member must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.