Dialysis Patient Care Tech - Greenbriar Center
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Up to $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Offered
The Dialysis Patient Care Technician assists the nursing staff in rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. The incumbent provides direct and indirect patient care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of care specific to the age/development of the patient.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrates commitment to the Unit's philosophies, goals and standards of care.
• Demonstrates acceptable standards of personal conduct and behavior.
• Prepares the patient and access for treatment initiation. Initiates, monitors and discontinue dialysis per written policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Obtains and documents patient’s pre, during and post dialysis vital signs.
• Transports patients to dialysis station and positions patient in chair for dialysis treatment.
• Administers normal saline, heparin, and 2% Xylocaine.
• Monitors patient for adverse reaction and dialysis equipment for malfunction.
• Inspects equipment settings including pressures, conductivity and temperature to ensure conformance to safety standards.
• Assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment by preparing the work area prior to and between patient shifts utilizing appropriate cleaning protocols.
• Preps access (fistula or graft) according to written policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of infection control as related to hand washing and universal precautions.
• Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills.
• Follows the proper channels of communication.
• Identifies and reports significant patient information to appropriate nursing staff.
• Promotes inter-and intra-departmental cohesiveness.
• Respects patient confidentiality.
• Identifies an awareness of health care team member’s roles and their appropriate activities related to patient care.
• Assists health team members in delivering patient care and sharing unit work activities.
• Contributes to patient satisfaction by being attentive to the needs of patients and families.
• Treats patients with dignity and respect.
• Assumes responsibility for being informed about organizational policies by attending appropriate meetings and other required activities.
• Assumes responsibility for attending continuing education offerings.
• Accountable for other duties as required.
This job description is an overall statement of major accountabilities and duties performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform other position related duties in addition to those described in this description.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Required: Influenza immunization is an annual requirement. For hires during the months of October through May, immunization records must be presented and/or receive the Flu Shot onsite; and/or provide proof of allergy.
· Required: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)-must be two documented vaccines
· Required: Varicella-must be two documented vaccines
· Required: TdAp (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis-must be documented within the past 10 years
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree. Has successfully completed classroom orientation, to include acceptable scores on the classroom quizzes and final Examination. Demonstrates the ability to perform dialysis procedures appropriately to the assigned preceptor and to the immediate supervisor.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to document pertinent information in the patient records
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work in a continually changing environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see and smell. The employee is required to stand and walk throughout the day. The use of hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel is required. The employee may be required to lift patients with assistance daily. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee may be required to work unusual or additional hours. The employee may work under stressful conditions and in difficult situations. The employee may work in a continually changing work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Potential exposure to patients with infectious diseases.
Health Systems Management
HealthcareView all jobs at Health Systems Management