Health Pros Northwest is seeking a Medical Receptionist to be a part of a growing & changing organization committed to quality patient care in the Public Health Community. You are a qualified individual who is professional, adaptable to change, and comfortable working in various environments, join our team!
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Health Services Assistant Director, the medical receptionist performs the duties of the front desk including patient flow, doctor scheduling and operation of switchboard for entire Health Clinic staff at the Squaxin Island Health Clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greeting patients.
- Scheduling appointments electronically.
- Explaining clinic policy to patients.
- Receiving and delivering messages.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receiving calls from doctor offices, hospital labs and x-ray.
- Taking prescription refill messages.
- Filing medical reports and insurance forms.
- Verifying and updating patient data.
- Ensuring accuracy of patient charts; pulling patient charts.
- Completing insurance and other forms.
- Coding of diagnoses and procedures.
- Operating office machinery such as fax and copy machine.
- Entering data into the Indian Health Services RPMS/Electronic Health Records system.
- Maintaining the receptionist area.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have good communication skills and ability to work well with people.
- Have good typing skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and treat patients with respect and consideration.
- Be consistently at work and on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Please note that a skills test will be administered as part of the interview process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate of Arts Degree and one year of related experience, OR High School Diploma/GED and three years experience of office administration or clerical experience OR five years of office administration or clerical experience. This position also requires typing ability of 40 words per minute.
Health Pros North WestOlympia, WA
HealthcareView All Health Pros North West Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.