Enterprise Data Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY: The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for the ownership, development, documentation and maintenance of the enterprise data infrastructure. They will work closely with the Solution Architect, The Architecture Group (TAG), Data Management and Reporting, as well as Application Development teams to build and implement cohesive and extensive enterprise wide data model. This person will be responsible for implementing and maintaining policies relating to standards, guidelines and governance of the data.
- Collaborates with business, solutions architect, TAG, developers and data management teams to understand the implications of respective architectures within the enterprise to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Develops detailed knowledge of the data sources and become subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, the quality and interrelationship between core elements within the data repository.
- Communicates effectively with vendors, business partners, consultants and stakeholders to address data needs in order to reuse existing framework to meet integration needs.
- Creates actionable, high-impact plans that improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of business initiatives and road maps to achieve results.
- Creates digital diagrams to depict architectural pictures and recommendations.
- Defines, designs, and oversees implementation of standards and best practices involved in modeling, describing data entities and relationships, as well as supporting Metadata.
- Designs and implements data structures that are efficient, scalable, uphold data integrity and quality, easily maintained
- Defines data governance strategy to support Information and Data Architecture objectives.
- Being a thought leader and influencing the business and IT in order to align to an Enterprise data road-map as well as using advanced data techniques.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and governance process.
- Understanding of emerging regulatory developments and requirements in the healthcare industry.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 7 years’ experience with data management, data modeling, data governance; or 5 years in the data architect role.
- Prior success in implementing data architecture strategies
- Experience with various Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) toolsets
- Experience with multiple data languages
- Healthcare data experience preferred but not required
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- XML, including schema definitions and transformations
- Data Warehouse design experience
- Operational Data Store (ODS) design, development and implementation experience
- Expert in MS SQL Server, TSQL, and SSIS
- Advanced knowledge of SSAS or equivalent analytical tool sets
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a standard office-based environment
Health New England
TechnologyView all jobs at Health New England