Health for Life Naturopathic Medicine is looking to hire a full time Medical Assistant.
Current availability requires the hours 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday -Friday, this can vary between holidays and work load.
Total paid hours weekly ranges between 36-40 hours, there is no overtime. A 30 minute lunch is required daily.
Starting pay is $14-$17/hr based on experience. Benefits will be available in 6 months - 1 year; eligibility for paid time off starts after 90 days.
This office is a family medical practice which utilizes an integrative medical approach to medicine. You will interact with patients ranging from infancy to geriatric. The ideal candidate will be able to go above and beyond when caring for our patients, but additionally works well with children who come into our office as patients or family members to our patients. We are looking for someone who is compassionate, can work efficiently, and has exceptional customer service skills. As the administrative medical assistant, you are the first person our patients see when they come in and the last person they see when they leave. Your role in this office will be to ensure our patients feel welcome and cared for, while receiving the best care possible.
Minimum job requirements:
• Medical Assistant Certificate
• Ability to pass basic math and grammar test
• Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. Quickbooks and EMR experience required. Accounting experience (Preferred).
• 5 years total work experience in administrative field and/or medical field, preferably with 3 year minimum working in medical office
• Ability to work independently AND as team player
• Personable with patients and willingness to learn new things
• Exceptional communication skills- ability to communicate efficiently with other staff and doctors as well as patients and vendors.
• Ability to multitask and follow through with tasks and projects in a timely manner
The job expectations are categorized in two areas:
1) Administrative - EMR experience desired, answering phones, scheduling patient visits, billing patients, receiving payments, managing physician's calendar, patient reminder calls, supply ordering, office cleaning and organizing, etc. Person must have strong communication skills with a kind phone presence when answering and assisting patient requests. Knowledge and experience in various office duties including: billing, organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; maintaining/organizing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; prioritizing clerical functions.
2) Patient Care--checking patients in and out, taking vitals, drawing blood, making up and administering IVs, chart prep, rooming patients, room set up, requisition prep; INTEGRITY, COMPASSION, AND EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS ARE A MUST.
3) Other--assist in cleaning medical office, organize and maintain cleanliness of front lobby and patient restroom, works great with children, have an attitude of readiness and willing to learn new tasks, ability to lift 30 lbs
The ideal candidate would also have the ability to develop the following skills over time:
• Administering IVs, injections.
• Develop level of independence after learning from and observing our head physician and current staff.
• Accounting experience a plus.
If you feel like this fits you and you meet the minimum requirements, please respond to this posting with a cover letter, professional resume and references (2 professional, 1 personal). All items must be sent initially, including references, in order for screening interview to be offered. Thank you.
Health For Life Naturopathic F
Why Work Here?Health for Life Naturopathic is a family medical practice with 4 doctors and 4 support staff. We see a variety of patients with a common goal of health and wellness. Our practice provides primary care medicine with a blend of conventional medical practices and alternative medicine. In addition to standard well care, we provide our patient community with herbal therapy, acupuncture, IV nutritional therapy, allergy testing and treatments, digestive support, hormone balancing, nutrition and much more. Our staff really care for our patients and each other, incorporating a team based approach to patient care. Please check out our website to see all the wonderful services and therapies we offer our patients www.healthforlifend.com.
Health oriented, supportive environment with awesome team!