Health Cost IQ (HCQ) is looking for a Senior Database Administrator who will be responsible for the management and full life cycle support of client and internal SQL Server database(s).
The DBA works within an environment of rapid growth and must anticipate and respond effectively to needs as they emerge. This position is expected to design, develop, enhance and monitor all production and test databases that exist within the technical architecture.
This individual will be working primarily with the product development team and customer support, providing technical and operational support activities of SQL Server instances and standalone databases and database servers hosted on Microsoft Azure and AWS, including logical and physical database design support, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, tuning, and optimizing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties will be performed in collaboration with a Senior Data Engineer.
- Utilize SQL to load, query, analyze and interpret healthcare datasets as appropriate.
- Proficient in creating stored procedures, views and functions in SQL Server.
- Maintain appropriate records of data intake processes, methods and evaluation results.
- Utilize MS SQL Server databases for collection, analysis, tracking, and reporting of medical claims, pharmacy, premiums, and demographic data.
- Provide other HCQ business units and team members with technical and administrative support, including the acquisition, cleansing, loading, analysis, and interpretation of claims, pharmacy, and other datasets.
- React quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet tight deadlines and the changing needs of the business.
- Act only in the best interests of HCQ and to ensure a viable, functioning, and well-maintained database server environment.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of client data stored on HCQ’s systems.
- Continually monitor the performance of HCQ’s database platform to ensure it operates in the most optimal conditions for maximum performance.
- Handle tasks such as data acquisition and loading, ETL, database creation and maintenance, software patches and updates, etc. in a judicious and expeditious manner.
- Load external, publicly sourced datasets to HCQ’s databases.
- Load confidential, client-supplied datasets to HCQ’s databases.
- Design and build new databases, schemas, tables, and views to facilitate HCQ’s business.
- Design and build load routines, ETL scripts, database procedures and objects, etc. to facilitate HCQ’s business.
- Maintain database security and availability.
- Other DBA and server-related tasks as required to bring value to HCQ.
- At least 5 years of relevant DBA experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience required.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience required.
- Experienced working with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services computing environments is preferred.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in MS SQL Server database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc. required.
- Strong understanding of command line and server administration.
- Knowledge of shell scripting (e.g., Bash, Perl).
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent in work experience.
Note: A criminal background check will be conducted before an applicant is formally hired for this position.
This role will report directly to the Executive VP of Operations and to the CEO.
- A professional business office environment with regular workday, workweek, and work hours.
- This position may include occasional weekend, holiday, or overtime work as client needs demand.
- Minimal to no travel is anticipated for this position.
Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision (50% employer premium contribution on select medical plans)
- FREE Life insurance coverage
- AD&D, Long-Term Disability, critical illness, accident coverage
- Health Savings Account
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- FREE, on-site gym membership
- Paid Time Off Program
- Bereavement Time Off
- And more…
Health Cost IQ (HCQ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HCQ does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Health Cost IQ