We are in need of someone with an IT audit background, we need a true IT auditor. Healthcare experience not required.
The Senior IT Auditor works on projects that address risk within IT, financial and operational processes across the enterprise. They assist the engagement supervisor(s) in three primary project phases - planning, fieldwork and reporting. Standard engagement project types include:
- Assurance Engagement – Testing design and effectiveness of processes / internal controls in accordance with IIA (Institute for Internal Auditors) standards to inform the Audit Committee and Management on effectiveness of processes / controls.
- Advisory Engagement – Providing support and recommendations to Management in updating processes / controls to better address risk or become more efficient in doing so.
- Other Project Engagement – Includes direct assistance to external audit firm as well as other departments. Scope of responsibilities varies per project.
Coordination and oversight of day to day engagement phases in conjunction with engagement supervisor through:
- Organizing and facilitating engagement team meetings and providing written/verbal updates to ERS leadership.
- Performing or delegating work to be performed during each phase.
- Reviewing work completed by Staff or other Seniors, providing coaching notes to correct errors or omissions in work reviewed.
- Performing or delegating research through a broad spectrum of methods including web searches, professional publications, webinars/conferences and others to identify relevant risks, regulations, processes and other information relevant to the engagement topic.
- Facilitating interviews with business partners and other oversight groups by arranging the meetings, setting the agenda and conducting the interview at the direction of engagement supervisor.
- Drafting required planning documents (vary by project type).
- Leading walkthroughs with business partners to understand processes and controls, documenting results in a flowchart/narrative.
- Completing or assigning tests and work papers accurately and completely (examples include evaluation of design of controls, confirming control was performed/evidenced as well as analysis of financial or other records), under supervision, by documenting results of work performed, referencing supporting documentation and recording any conclusions.
- Assisting the engagement supervisor(s) in validating exceptions or observations identified with business partners.
Engagement Reporting and Follow-up:
- Participating in meetings to convey engagement findings and recommendations to Management and preparation of required documents (vary by project type).
- Participating in drafting / editing final engagement report to ensure accuracy and alignment with work performed.
- Tracking management action plans, following up with business partners to assess progress on implementation. Retesting to validate actions were completed in accordance with the audit report.
Internal Team Support:
- Participates in team initiatives including committees covering topics such as event planning, special projects to develop future processes, performing quality assurance reviews of completed projects, supporting internal software and others initiatives.
Location: Denver, CO