Call Center Agent
Health Care Provider Mount Kisco, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Overview: The Contact Center Agent operates the Group’s Contact Center and provides routine information and directs calls to appropriate area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to the following)
- Channels all incoming calls, routes calls to appropriate department and/or person. Announces calls to physicians and executive staff.
- Takes messages and processes them accordingly.
- Knows physicians and staff schedules for all offices.
- Has general information regarding insurance, schedule, procedures, and services provided by the Group.
- Keeps log of physician telephone numbers, cell phones and pager numbers.
- Responsible for taking consults called in by the hospital, physicians or service and relaying them to physicians requested.
- Handles emergencies according to specified procedure.
- Turns over calls to the answering service as per instructed.
- Keeps answering service advised to covering physicians, physician telephone pagers and telephone numbers.
- Confirms physicians’ daily appointments, checking information and updating when possible.
- Maintains information and confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Adheres to all Group’s policies and procedures including OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of Call Manager software and communication procedures.
- Skill in operating a communications system.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, staff and the public.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Work requires sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in reception area.
- Involves frequent contact with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Work may be stressful at times, interaction with others is constant and interruptive
- Contact involves dealing with sick people.
· Superior customer service skills
· PC proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently
One to two years of Contact Center experience preferably in a medical group.
M-F, 9:30AM – 6PM,
Health Care ProviderWhy Work Here?
GREAT opportunity to join one of the largest medical groups in New York!
Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of its Members, their families, and their communities in collaboration with primary care providers. This company strives to be the health plan of choice for its Members and its providers -- known for assuring access to high quality, cost-effective care; delivering the best customer experience; and contributing significantly to achieving a patient-centered health care system.
Mount KiscoMount Kisco, NY