Outreach Specialist - Orange and Osceola County
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Homeless Outreach Specialist – Orlando and Osceola County
The HOPE Team Outreach Specialist has 3 positions available (Orange and Osceola County) The Outreach Specialist is responsible for providing street-based services to persons experiencing homelessness, ensuring their basic needs are met, emergency services are accessed as needed, and engagement occurs to motivate individuals to seek shelter, medical and housing services. This position is also to develop positive working relationships with community leaders, local business owners, and other community organizations/programs.
About Our Organization:
Orange Blossom Family Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center founded in 1993. The clinic provides medical, dental, vision, and behavioral health services as well as onsite pharmacy services for our patients. We serve individuals and families in Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties.
- Using a person-centered approach, provide engagement and referrals for services to persons experiencing homelessness in the streets and encampments.
- Performs a variety of functions including intervention functions, preparing reports, including data entry into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Consults with medical, dental and mental health staff to provide recommendations relative to referrals and treatment.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by Supervisor.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Provide street-based outreach services to persons experiencing homelessness, helping them to access the resources needed to gain self-sufficiency, health and to be re-housed.
- Establish a presence at community sites where persons experiencing homelessness are known to be present i.e. Community access centers, community parks and shelters, social service agencies, etc.
- Perform intake, assessments, service planning, and advocacy for homeless clients to assist in the procurement of health and human services as well as to identify trends and/or patterns related to homelessness.
- Assist in locating requested services including but not limited to housing, food, medical care, and benefits/entitlements.
- Establish and maintain positive rapport and regular contact with local law enforcement, business owners, emergency service providers and other community organizations.
- Serve as a liaison, if needed, between property owners, landlords, apartment complexes, and utility companies to assist clients and families during their transition back into stable housing.
- Maintain client case records entering data using handheld and desktop computers, ensuring client confidentiality is protected and maintained, to document outcomes and promote retention.
- Assist in the development of strategies to reach homeless populations already identified, but not engaged.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This position will require the incumbent to work indoors and outdoors, in various environments, all forms of weather, and temperatures. Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, frequent walking, possible bending, occasional lifting approximately 25 to 30 pounds, regularly using standard office equipment, computers, telephones and regularly moving between floors while in indoors. Must be able to work flexible hours/days/shifts to accommodate clients' and agencies needs. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required. Job involves frequent and routine travel to designated areas within the Metropolitan Orlando, Orange, and/or Osceola County area with intense public contact.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in human-service related field desired. Two years of outreach experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Prior experience with homeless populations required and/or lived experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2007 products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other relational databases required. Prior experience with Service Point/HMIS helpful.
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of geographic location within demonstrated areas required.
- Ability to build rapport and present a professional image with diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and dedication to fulfilling the demands of the position required .
- Ability to employ critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Benefits: Competitive salary, 10 paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave, Medical/Dental Insurance, vision and life Insurance, retirement plan
Health Care Center for the HomelessOrlando, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.