Call Center / Customer Service /Billing Representative - Variable Shifts
Health Advocates Network, Inc. Maumee, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Call Center / Customer Service /Billing Representative – Variable Shifts
Call Center/Customer Service/Billing Representative needed for Variable Day shifts. This is a full-time contract with a flexible schedule. Work 8, 10- or 12-hour shift from 8a to 8p 7 days a week! The pay rate is up to $11.75/hr.
Location: Maumee, OH
The Customer Service Representative is the primary liaison for callers regarding medical benefits and claims inquiries. Customer Service Representatives will field inquiries across a wide range of healthcare issues and subjects. Medicare/Medical Customer Service background helpful to answer benefits/claim questions.
- Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient’ s protected health information in accordance with State and Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital and departmental policies.
- Ensures a safe patient environment and adherence to safety practices per policy.
- Handles busy phone system.
- Guides callers through the established protocols and sequences of information gathering and provide answers to questions posed by callers in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Quickly and accurately updates information in computer system databases.
- Provides follow through to callers by follow-up telephone calls, assuring that the caller is satisfied with information provided and with other healthcare entities whose performance is essential to member service satisfaction.
- Always treats callers with the utmost respect and in a courteous manner.
- Assist callers with physician referral calls and document calls.
- Locating physicians affiliated with the group and the caller’ s health plan.
- Inform callers as to which health plans the group is affiliated with.
- Handle Claims Status Calls and Assist members with billing inquiries.
- Resolve issues by getting the specific billing information from the member and calling the provider to resolve billing issues.
- Assist providers with claims status information regarding claims payment.
- Assist members and providers with referral authorization status.
- Responsible for Eligibility Status Calls.
- Works in the spirit of cooperation and understanding with management other staff members.
- Ensures compliance with established departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as requested.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with telephone callers, preferably in a healthcare setting, or the ability to demonstrate the aptitude for such work.
- Training or experience in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Knowledge if HIPAA compliance issues as they relate to patient protected health information (PHI). Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient’ s protected health information in accordance with State and Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital, and departmental policies.
- Experience, training, or background in any health or medical field is desirable.
- Managed Care background preferred.
Who We Are:
Health Advocates Network matches highly skilled applicants to positions at the best healthcare companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding job that is well matched to your skills – helping you advance in your career. Our experience, combined with our client relationships, makes Health Advocates Network a great resource for your career.
We Are Looking for Individuals Who Are:
- Self-motivated and achieve goals
- Strong communicators, with high integrity and dependability
- Career-oriented with a desire for advancement
- Enthusiastic about being part of an organization that recognizes your talent
To apply for this job now or to find out more about other opportunities with Health Advocates Network, visit www.hanstaff.com, call or text us at (321) 265-6615, or email us at email@example.com. We can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Health Advocates Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Health Advocates Network, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Health Advocates Network, Inc.