Wound Care Center Consultant/ Community Education Specialist
Healogics, Inc Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Healogics is hiring for a Wound Care Center Consultant/Community Education Specialist to join our Wound Care Center team in Baton Rouge, LA at Lady of The Lake Regional Medical Center .
Schedule: Full Time, Monday-Friday, Standard Daytime Business Hours.
The Wound Care Center Consultant/Community Education Specialist represents the hospital and Healogics, and is responsible for ensuring the local visibility of the wound care program. This position’s role is to establish and maintain an ongoing relationship between the hospital, the providers and the community, as well as to educate the community about the Wound Care Center services.
All Healogics employees must perform their job responsibilities according to all Healogics policies, Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.
- Works directly with the Program Director or Market Director as well as the hospital and Healogics marketing departments to ensure that the wound care program has established strategic marketing plans and to plan, coordinate, and execute activities directed toward increasing appropriate patient referrals to the wound care center(s).
- Works collaboratively, as part of a multi-functional team, to best determine key target referral sources, and develops a systematic approach to build those customer relationships and increase appropriate wound care center referrals.
- Maintains, monitors and updates the list of Physician Practice(s) within a given radius of the hospital on an ongoing basis.
- Visits Physician Practices and interacts with key physicians and staff to provide awareness of the Wound Care Center program, using educational marketing materials and documents all physician office interactions and the visits with the Physician Practices in the Healogics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Attends relevant wound care center meetings to keep up with wound care centers’ latest developments.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the (C)DO and/or (C)VPO, Market Director, and/or Program Director regarding goals, targets, and other relevant referral development information, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations and four (4) or more years of experience in medical sales/marketing or public relations in the healthcare industry
- OR High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) and six (6) or more years of relevant experience in medical sales/marketing or public relations in the healthcare industry
- Experience in arranging visits to physicians and interfacing with those physicians, their nurses and front office personnel
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge and understanding of the wound care industry and trends, as well as familiarity with the local market
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills in a group setting or on a one-on-one basis
- Ability to translate technical language into layman’s terms
- Outstanding customer service and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to work independently and to be a self- starter
- Attention to details
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work with others and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Access)
- Proficiency in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system preferred
- Ability to maintain clean driving record
Healogics is the nation’s largest healthcare provider for wound care services and offers our consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals throughout the United States. If you would like to join a specialized team dedicated to wound healing and committed to sharing our expertise, apply today.
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
HealthcareView all jobs at Healogics, Inc