Remote - Documentation Specialist
Healogics, Inc Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Documentation Specialist – DME, contributes directly and indirectly to the Healogics Key Results of Grow the Business and Exceptional Patient Experience
All Healogics employees must perform their job responsibilities according to all Healogics policies, Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Routinely tracks and logs request on documentation and updates regularly
- Uploads documentation daily for partner.
- Reviews Progress Notes (from Providers) from WCCs and Wound Assessments for checklist of items and electronically sends them to Partner organization
- Communicates with WCC (CNM or Provider) when Progress Notes are not available or do not meet checklist of items (i.e., duration of need, quantity per day, total quantity, etc.) in response to Partner request
- Requests Medical Records from other EMR systems outside of i-Heal when applicable.
- Assists in the collection of missing documentation per the request of partner
- Routinely calls WCCs to let them know their metrics with regard to documentation compliance
- Reviews electronic orders real time and supports WCCs by sending Progress Notes and Wound Assessment as part of documentation management process.
- Assists in special projects.
- Performs other duties as required
- Associates degree from an accredited university or college in business, accounting, finance, healthcare administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in health care finance and/or revenue cycle in hospital, physician office or, other related setting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in DME billing and collections.
- Working knowledge of DME coding, billing, payer requirements, denial management.
- Must have a working knowledge of the CMS' codes, rules, regulations, pronouncements and applicable Fiscal Intermediary polices (e.g. Local Coverage Determinations).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate and demonstrate leadership skills in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of systems/applications with indication of those preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit integrity and commitment to professional ethics
- Budget and long-term planning skills
BusinessView all jobs at Healogics, Inc