Healogics is hiring for a PRN Registered Nurse/ RN (M-Fri. daytime shift flex) to join our Wound Care Center team at Ochsner Medical Center Westback, Gretna LA
Under the direction of the Wound Care Center Clinical Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator, the Registered Nurse (RN) primarily provides patient care and handles intake and discharge processes for the Wound Care Center patients as scheduled. The position may also serve as a Case Manager to a group of assigned Wound Care Center patients, as assigned and depending on the Wound Care Center setup.
All Healogics employees should perform their job responsibilities according to Healogics clinical policies, employee policies, and Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.
RN/Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care to Wound Care Center patients and handles patient intake and discharge processes as assigned and according to the hospital and nursing standards.
- May also serve as Case Manager to a group of patients as assigned. This entails:
- Performing the initial nursing assessment, communicating findings with the assigned physician, assessing the wound stage and measurements, documenting care plans, evaluating the patient’ status in regards to desired outcomes, and identifying patient care situations that require intervention
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives, providing education to the patient or caregiver, and serving as a patient advocate in the delivery and coordination of the patient care
- Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) related duties as assigned, upon completion of the Healogics hyperbaric training.
- Collaborates as needed with other healthcare providers, Wound Care Center Providers, the Program Director and the Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and two (2) or more years’ experience as clinical RN, two (2) years of which in acute care setting
- Current RN license in the state of practice – to be maintained throughout the duration of employment in the position
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Medical Surgical, Home Health or Wound Care Certification preferred
- Wound care experience preferred