THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION 20 hours per week
The Corporate Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant provides primary medical care and preventive health care services for patients, as well as establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, key decision-makers, facility staff and collaborating physicians. The Corporate Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for patient evaluation, interpretation, diagnosis, and prescribing of appropriate medical and therapeutic measures within an employer-based onsite clinic setting. The Corporate Nurse Practitioner enjoys extended time with patients in order to build relationships and focus on the patient as a whole.
- Assists in managing day-to-day operations of the clinic.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
- Assesses and manages patients, appropriately determines opportunities for collaboration/referrals and effectively communicates information to patient's Primary Care Provider (and Specialist(s) as necessary).
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the facility staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, and/or referral.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term medical issues.
- Educates patients and families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Practices evidence-based medicine and performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within clinical guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures using clinical guidelines.
- May refer patients to physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Demonstrates cost-consciousness and wise consumerism when prescribing, ordering tests and labs.
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the Healics Health Professionals Values.
- Execute other duties/projects, as assigned
- Graduate Degree in Nursing or Physician Assitant
- Possession of a licensure in the State of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse and Advance Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) licensure or Physician Assistant
- Possession of current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Registration
- American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Certification (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience
- Active use of UpToDate® to ensure adherence with current clinical guidelines
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and cooperate in achieving company goals.
- Problem solving ability to seek solutions using appropriate methodologies.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to; EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses knowledge of relevant ethical and legal aspects of providing health care to patients in a clinic setting
- Highly organized and proficient individual; works independently with little direction in fast paced environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time