The Nurse Practitioner provides primary medical care and preventive health care services for patients within an employer-based onsite clinic setting. As well as; establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, key decision-makers, facility staff and collaborating physicians.
- Assists in managing day-to-day operations of the clinic
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care
- Assesses and manages patients, appropriately determines opportunities for collaboration/referrals and effectively communicates information to patient's Primary Care Provider (and Specialist(s) as necessary)
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the facility staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, and/or referral
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term medical issues of the patients
- Educates patients and families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Practices evidence-based medicine and performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within clinical guidelines
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrates cost-consciousness and wise consumerism when prescribing, ordering tests and labs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals as needed to prepare comprehensive patient care plan
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures using clinical guidelines
- May refer patients to physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the Healics organization.
- Follow all standard operating procedures in regards to Protected Health Information (PHI) in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate a visible working style and act in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the Healics Core Values.
- Follows established guidelines for recording actual hours worked, including but not limited to clocking in/out on the designated time clock at the beginning and end of each assigned shift
- Graduate Degree in Nursing
- Possession of a license in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner
- Possession of current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Registration
- American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Certification (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience
- Phlebotomy skills preferred
- Active use of UpToDate® to ensure adherence with current clinical guidelines
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to; Electronic Clinic Works (ECW), Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook
- Possesses knowledge of relevant ethical and legal aspects of providing health care to patients in a clinic setting
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and cooperate in achieving company goals.
- Problem solving ability to seek solutions using appropriate methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively interact with persons from a variety of backgrounds and experiences in a professional, diplomatic, and courteous manner
- Highly organized and proficient individual that can work quickly and with little direction
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time