The Health Coach will identify and evaluate participant’s behaviors. The Health Coach will provide customized health coaching to individuals based on their health risk level. The Health Coach will assess a participant’s risk level and plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate coaching options with participants. The Health Coach will provide disease management and wellness coaching services to improve the clinical outcomes and help control health care costs through education and program implementation. The Health Coach will work with participants telephonically and/or in person. The focus of health coaching is on prevention, health promotion, maintenance, restoration and education.
- Coach participants telephonically and/or in person.
- Work independently and establish, monitor and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Responsible for recording and maintaining electronic medical records for individual participants
- Plan, develop, communicate, implement, monitor, and evaluate programs and projects to promote health coaching and health improvement at the work site.
- Develop coaching education materials (presentations, handouts, etc.)
- Develops strong relationships based upon trust with individual participants
- Collaborates with physicians, chiropractors, nurse practitioners and other health care providers to assess, identify outcomes, plan, and sequence and evaluate participant services across the care continuum. Focus is on prevention, health promotion, maintenance, restoration and education.
- Assists clients in identifying, prioritizing, and implementing choices.
- Empowers others to reach their goals, through direction, encouragement, accountability and counseling.
- Provides advice and instruction for engineering fitness, good nutrition, and management of weight, stress, and health into a participant’s lifestyle.
- Conduct onsite health screens.
- Assist in the development monthly wellness campaigns, In Health News, In Health and supporting materials
- Commits to continued learning in all areas relevant to the position.
- Maintain and develop knowledge about various health topics and behavior change strategies.
- Execute other duties/projects assigned by Project Managers.
- Follow all standard operating procedures in regards to Protected Health Information (PHI) in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate a visible working style and act in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the Healics Health Values.
- Execute other duties/projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Promotion/Wellness, Kinesiology, Health Studies, Nutrition Science, Exercise Science and/or related field
- CHES Certification a plus
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Possesses excellent analytical/critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify problems, research and analyze issues from different perspectives, organize information, reach sound conclusions, and make appropriate decisions.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and completely handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, the flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and cooperate in achieving company goals.
- Problem solving ability to seek solutions using appropriate methodologies.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with advanced interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively interact with persons from a variety of backgrounds and experiences in a professional, diplomatic, and courteous manner.
- Highly organized and proficient individual that can work quickly and with little direction.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time with overnight stays.
- Maintain a Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance required.
- CPR Certified or ability to certify within 60 days.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to talk on the phone for extended periods of times.