Are you looking for a fun and gratifying way to make some extra cash this holiday season? Do you look forward to holiday traditions year after year?
Maximize your holiday earnings potential by joining the Hickory Farms and Headway team!
We are currently seeking a Seasonal District Manager in Dover, DE to create the memorable retail experience that defines the Hickory Farms tradition of quality and excellence. As a part of our team, you will be an integral part of preserving beloved holiday traditions and crafting new ones through promoting high quality food products and gift sets.
Your main responsibility is the overall operation and performance of a group of our holiday stores, which includes, but is not limited to: meeting sales objectives, merchandising, operations, staffing, supervision, training and development, inventory management, loss prevention, and ensuring adherence to company set guidelines and policies. As a Seasonal District Manager, you will receive your pay on a weekly basis, as well as a generous 40% discount on all retail products.
Why You'll Enjoy Working for Us
- We offer a competitive salary and 40% employee discounts on all retail products you cherish (and sell)
- We pay our managers weekly
- Bonus and incentive opportunities: Seasonal District Managers whose assigned locations meet the bonus guidelines will be eligible to receive $500 for 102%-108% of sales plan achieved, or $2000 for 108.01% or higher of sales plan achieved
As a Team Member with Hickory Farms, you will...
- Meet sales objectives, merchandising standards, manage operations, recruit, supervise, train and develop sales associates
- Manage inventory and loss prevention; with the ability to prevent and control cash shortages and missing deposits
- Ensure adherence to company set guidelines and policies
- Maintain a friendly and inviting work environment with a customer-first atmosphere
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train Seasonal Store Managers and Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associates in partnership with the Regional Manager
- Implement our retail selling strategies and guidelines
- Coordinate and assist with set up and tear down of kiosks at beginning and end of season
- Expected to work 45 - 60 hours per week; including weekends
What We Need from You
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Successful sales background and multi-unit experience
- Strong successful background in retail or customer service management
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work required long, full-time hours from October 2019 through January 2020. Seasonal Area Managers are required to always be accessible and on call for business needs.
- Reliable transportation
- Passion for people and loyalty to the brand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires constant moving and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use their hands and fingers, grasp, reach, climb, lift, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and use repetitive motions. Also the employee is required to exert up to 25-35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 42 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
All Hickory Farms seasonal staff will work as employees of Headway Workforce Solutions.
About Hickory Farms Hickory Farms has been committed to providing unique food gift ideas since 1951. For 67 years we’ve offered gift baskets and specialty foods that families across the country enjoy. To learn more about our brand visit: www.hickoryfarms.com/about-us.html
About Headway Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedicated to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.