Headquarters, Air Force Reserve CommandMarietta, GA
Expired: 21 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POLICE OFFICER ==============
##### Department of the Air Force
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/17/2019 to 09/24/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$39,796 to $51,740 per year
- ##### Appointment type
Term - 09 JUL 2022
- ##### Work schedule
Few vacancies in the following location:
Dobbins AFB, GA
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
**The primary purpose of this position is to enforce law, maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.**
Learn more about this agency
- Performs and enforces the full range of police officer duties within the military installation. - Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation. - Performs the full range of Base Entry Controller duties. - Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
#### Similar jobs
- Officers, Police - Officers, Special Forces - Police Officers - Special Forces - Special Forces Officers
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required - Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov - PCS expenses is NOT authorized - Recruitment incentives may/may not be authorized - This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program - Disclosure of Political Appointments - This position has been identified as a designated position under the Air Force Drug Testing Plan. Incumbent(s) of this position is subject to the possibility of a random drug test. - Incumbent must be qualified in the use of required weapons, as the incumbent will be required to use firearms in performing duties. - This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. - Must pass an initial pre-employment medical examination, periodic medical examinations, required physical fitness/physical agility tests, meet established hearing standards and discern colors, contrast, and depth. - The incumbent must immediately report to his supervisor any significant medical threshold shifts in health status and/or medication requirements. - Employee is required to obtain and maintain required security clearance. - Must wear a uniform and meet applicable dress and appearance standards as identified in current AFI. - May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty, to include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, rotating shifts, and recall. - May be required to wear protective clothing such as coats, boots, and vests and/or chemical protective equipment, (e.g. respirator mask). - Must undergo initial job compatibility assessment. - Incumbent must be able to operate all Security Forces Vehicles and installed equipment. An appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position. - Subject to annual duty position evaluation on a pass/fail standard. - Must pass formal law enforcement training school as determined by functional; certificate from a Federally recognized Law Enforcement Academy is preferred. - Incumbent will be exposed to the day-to-day dangers associated with law enforcement and security duties.
**THIS IS AN OBLIGATED POSITION WHICH AN EMPLOYEE HAS RETURN RIGHTS. UPON THE EMPLOYEES RETURN, INCUMBENT COULD BE SUBJECT TO REASSIGNMENT
QUALIFICATIONS:** In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM)Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-0083, Police Series.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR THE GS-0083-06:** Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade **GS-05**, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property. Creditable specialized experience may have been gained in work on a police force; through service as a military police officer; in work providing visitor protection and law enforcement in parks, forests, or other natural resource or recreational environments; in performing criminal investigative duties; or in other work that provided the required knowledge and skills. *NOTE: You must submit a copy of your resume.*
**FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-?grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the **GS-05** level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the **GS-06** level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of police officer procedures and operating methods to perform the full range of police officer activities independently. 2. Knowledge of special operating requirements, methods, and procedures for enforcing specialized personnel access controls and preventing unauthorized access to areas where stringent security requirements are enforced. 3. Knowledge of the rights of detained individuals and organizational rules regarding the appropriate use of force to be used in the apprehension of persons. 4. Knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques for functioning as a quick reaction force team member in support of integrated base defense and of the operation of specialized weapons, security systems, and equipment. 5. Knowledge of the tactics, techniques, and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic events, enemy attacks, and related threats to installations. 6. Ability to operate the Incident Management System and the Security Force Management Information System.
**Continue for Conditions of Employment:** - Incumbent is required to obtain first responder training/certifications required in CPR techniques, self aid buddy care, and first aid on the job and maintain annually. - Recurring training is required to keep the incumbent knowledgeable on the updated specialized tactics,techniques and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic events, terrorist attacks and related threats to installations. - Ability to employ infantry/SWAT small unit tactics involving fire and maneuver, with rapid advancing movement between defensive positions, while wearing protective gear for extended periods of time, (e.g. Employing"Active Shooter" response tactics and techniques as a member of a small team is required). - IAW DoDI 3020-42 this position has been locally or command designated as Mission Essential (ME); needed to ensure the continued operation of mission essential functions of the activity. Mission Essential personnel may be required to report for duty at normal times when the base is closed or delayed reporting, and remain on duty during phased or early release. - This position requires personnel to follow security forces instructions either Air Force or local operating instructions pertaining to official inspections of personnel prior to duty assignment and those instructions required when posted. These include but are not limited to, standing in a structured formation for personal and equipment inspections,giving the local post briefing to senior security forces personnel and following security forces general orders and operating instructions. - This position is designated as a key position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternative for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:** Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
**Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees):** You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old)
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**Current Federal Civilian employees** may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
**Temporary and Term Appointments:** If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For additional information on what to include in your resume, click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire 2. Resume - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Do **NOT** include photographs (or links to social media such as *LinkedIn*), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume. 3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts 4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position 5. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 6. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). 7. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act requires agencies to treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/24/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10606569
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application** button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. - If your resume includes photographs (or links to social media), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, or personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., you will not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10606569
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT** modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
Dobbins ARB 1635 Mimosa Drive Ste 130 Dobbins ARB, GA 30069 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545931700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command
Get fresh Police Officer Recruit jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Police Officer Recruit