Headquarters, Air Force Reserve CommandGoldsboro, NC
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) =====================================
##### Department of the Air Force
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command
##### 916 FORCE SUPPORT SQ
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/31/2019 to 08/07/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$53,361 to $69,365 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Few vacancies in the following location:
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
This is an **Air Reserve Technician (ART)** position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
Learn more about this agency
- The primary purpose of this position is Serve as Chief, Force Management in administering all aspects of the section. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. Additionally, trains Reservists in the accomplishment of tasks set forth herein. - Plans, directs, and controls all aspects of the Force Management programs for both Active Guard Reserve (AGR) and unit reservists. - Serves as advisor to commanders on unit Human Resources (Military) programs. Interprets policy and provides procedural guidance to commanders, supervisors, first sergeants, and staff members regarding Force Management programs. - Provides Human Resources management (Military) advisory services to commanders and staff on all Force Management programs. Analyzes data and makes subsequent determinations regarding personnel matters which may involve or affect ARTs, and AGRs. - Administers actions in Automated Reserve Orders Writing System?Reserves (AROWS-R). Monitors and takes appropriate action to clear military personnel hard-holds for assigned wing personnel.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
#### Similar jobs
- Human Resources Specialists - Specialists, Human Resources
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required - Must be a current member of the AF Reserve or willing/qualified to join - A security clearance may be required - PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations - Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov - Total salary varies depending on location of position - This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program - Position may be subject to random drug testing - Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTA). - May be required to fly in commercial and military aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments. - Employee must maintain current certifications - Disclosure of Political Appointments - AFSC and Grade: 589X9
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions is a Administrative and Management Positions.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:**GS-09: One year of specialized experience which includes administering the personnel readiness program, provide technical guidance and assistant to commander within organizations on all aspects of the program, and train other reservist in accomplishing their task set by upper management.This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-07 GS-07grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. **OR** **Education:** Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. **OR** LL.B. or J.D., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. **OR** **Combination of Education and Experience:** A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
**FEDERALTIME-IN-GRADE (TIG)** **REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS**: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in?-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of military personnel policies, procedures, rules, guidelines, and publications. 2. Knowledge of unit mission. 3. Comprehensive knowledge of automated systems, personal computers, and software. 4. Ability to analyze data/products.Understand civilian personnel guidelines and the master labor agreement. 5. Good knowledge and control of the English language. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals, both orally and in writing. 6. Knowledge of Installation Personnel Readiness programs.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE**: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE**: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This is an **Air Reserve Technician (ART)** position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?** You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION**: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
### Additional information
**Other Significant facts:**This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. The incumbent's regular assignments are ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities.
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**Incentives:** Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018\_05%20Relocation%20Allowances\_0.pdf
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference. Noncompetitive applicants do not need to respond to the assessment questions with the A through E responses indicating level of experience/training.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire 2. Resume - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Do **NOT** include photographs (or links to social media such as *LinkedIn*), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume. 3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts 4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position 5. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 6. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). 7. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act requires agencies to treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 08/07/2019.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10566913
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application** button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10566913.
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT** modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
AFRC Non-ART Locations 550 C Street W JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541268300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command
Get fresh Resources Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!