Sr. Network Engineer
****Please Note: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related discipline & CCNA/CCNP Certification is 100% Required****
Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for network design and execution, developing and maintaining network monitoring and management tools, documentation, customer support, fault / problem management and resolution, budgeting and hardware life-cycle management, and management and maintenance of network security issues. The primary objective is to provide both intermediate to advanced level production-support (network administration and production network support), as well as develop tactical and strategic enhancements to our network environment.
- Responsible for all day-to-day network support related functions.
- Lead technical support and implementation for meeting network objectives.
- Evaluate, design, and implement network configuration with input from management, network architect, and network security lead branches of the team.
- Design and document network administration policies and procedures for the production environment.
- Perform inventory management, budgeting, and life-cycle management of all network hardware, software, and licenses.
- Work with other technical teams and client base to design technical requirements for the production environment.
- Ensure documentation, including network drawings, IP address records, and status trackers are always kept up-to-date.
- Ensure network management tools are kept up-to-date.
- Implement and maintain secure remote access solutions and third-party access.
- Train junior personnel.
- Work with leadership to identify opportunities to improve and enhance systems
- Build comprehensive work plans and oversee their execution.
- Coordinate the documentation of functional and technical design specifications.
- Develop and execute implementation plans for formal and informal projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate On-Call duty, change control, ticket queue, and troubleshooting of issues until resolution.
- Work with network carriers and vendors on trouble-tickets and open orders.
- Travel up to 15% including overnight/multi-day travel
Knowledge And Skills
- CCNP level certifications required. This includes competence with routing, switching, wireless and firewall technologies.
- Scripting, network and task automation and programming skills through structured coursework or similar work experience required.
- Experience working in regulatory industry and maintaining compliance preferred.
- Troubleshooting ability with TCP/IP packet sniffing and analysis tools required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Networking and System Administration, or a similar field required.
- Master's degree in Telecommunications, Networking and System Administration, or a similar field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting network objectives.