Beaufort, SC Area
Local candidates will only be considered
HazTek Safety Management is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced and respected occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today — so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is leading the industry in growth and is currently seeking outstanding performers to join our respected team of safety professionals.
We offer a positive workplace culture, competitive compensation, and a great benefits package. Please go to www.haztekinc.com to learn more about our company.
The key functions of the Safety Manager are to supoort specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Oversee all aspects of a commercial construction project ensuring OSHA compliance
- Conduct daily safety meetings
- Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
- Ensure all personnel wear their personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Daily safety audits and inspections
- Oversee all subcontractors and contractors
- Inspect power tools and heavy equipment
- Write job hazard analysis (JHA) and health & safety plans (HASP)
- Oversee Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation
- Minimum 5 years direct construction or safety experience required
- OSHA 500 and or CHST required
- First Aid/CPR required
- Solar Field experience preferred
- Electrical experience helpful
- Advance knowledge of construction safety standards
- Experience developing a Site Specific Safety Plan
- Experience developing a Corporate Health and Safety Plan
- Must have experience in teaching Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation classes
Experience preferred in the following areas:
- Contractor Safety Oversight
- Solar Field
Integrity | Compassion | Dependability | Support | Accountability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.