Safety Professional / Electrical & Construction Experience
Local candidates need only apply
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is growing and currently seeking outstanding performers to join our team.
HazTek was recently honored by Inc. Magazine — for the fifth time — as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2018, HazTek was recognized by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s Top 250 privately-held companies.
We offer competitive compensation and a great benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k), professional development, and education assistance. Please go to www.haztekinc.com to learn more about our Company.
The key functions of the Safety Professional are to support specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Oversee all aspects of a commercial construction project ensuring OSHA compliance
- Conduct daily safety meetings
- Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
- Ensure all personnel wear their personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Daily safety audits and inspections
- Oversee all subcontractors and contractors
- Inspect power tools and heavy equipment
- Write job hazard analysis (JHA) and health & safety plans (HASP)
- Oversee Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation
- Minimum 5+ years direct construction safety experience required
- OSHA30 hour in Construction certification
- NFPA 70e
- OSHA 500 a plus
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Strong knowledge of construction safety standards
- Experience assisting in development of a Site Safety Specific Plans
- Experience assisting in development of a Corporate Health and safety Plan
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or ability to obtain the card
- Must have experience in Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation
Experience preferred in the following areas:
- Contractor Safety Oversight
Integrity | Compassion | Dependability | Support | Accountability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.