Title: Outside Sales Representative – Lumber
Location: Pacific Grove, CA
About the Company:
For 100 years and four generations of Hayward family leadership, Hayward Lumber has been committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of builders. Beyond full-service lumberyards, we offer window, door and cabinet design centers, pro-oriented hardware stores, and innovative building solutions designed to save time and money. Hayward Lumber is a family-oriented company that treats every employee as such. Our average tenure company wide is over 12 years and we pride ourselves in creating an environment in which you can learn, grow, and prosper. Hayward Lumber provides a competitive compensation structure, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and paid time off including vacation, holiday, and sick leave. We operate 5 1/2 days a week from 7 AM – 5 PM. Learn more at www.haywardlumber.com
We are currently looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will be out in the field and on job sites actively engaging in existing and newly formed relationships with customers in the construction industry. You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and overall profitability.
- Develops relationships with existing and potential customers through personal and phone contact, ensuring completion of plan take-offs, bids and quotes, answering questions and solving problems
- Prepares and presents accurate sales proposals and quotes to prospective or current customers
- Maximizes the amount of sales for existing market areas
- Provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Research and provide accurate information to customers regarding proper materials and prices as well as technical information regarding application and specifications
- Performs job-site visits to ensure delivery and timely completion
- Ensures all projects generate appropriate profit margins to justify sale
- Coordinates all deliveries and credit pick-ups with yard dispatcher
- Attends activities and functions as a representative of company
- Develops process to track progress of customer's projects and monitors progress
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Some knowledge of construction industry and local building codes preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hayward Lumber will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.