Haystack LLC is seeking a Sr. Middleware/DevOp Engineer for a fulltime / permanent opportunity with our direct client in Columbus Ohio.
- Analyzing and developing cloud-based and on-prem solutions according to customer requirements.
- Leading the design and implementation of middleware and integration products in a hybrid cloud environment to meet business demands
- Automating the implementation and configuration of middleware and integration products with CI/CD tools
- Analyze current processes and develop steps to improve them and automate them where applicable
- Working with developers and architects on creating middleware and integration design
- Developing and implementing strategies for migration, consolidation, and upgrade of middleware and integration components.
- Coordinating with vendors and support teams on problem resolution and upgrades.
- Excellent knowledge management, process management, and documentation skills including middleware and integration engineering diagrams
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and production incidents simultaneously
- Work within a team environment, manage systems, lead upgrades, coordinate installs
- System recovery
- TLS certificate management
- Proactive maintenance and patching
- Keep abreast of Middleware and CI/CD best practices and emerging technologies for both on-prem and in the cloud
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation
- Coach and guide less experienced Middleware/DevOps Engineers
WS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Professional
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field or in the alternative a combination of education, certifications, and work experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 8 + years of experience in the implementation and support of large scale mission-critical production systems in a business environment or equivalent.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience with Java Application Servers, i.e: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, etc.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing, implementing, and automating middleware and integration products with AWS in a technical lead role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with DevOp tools, i.e: Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Strong experience automating environment build and application deployment with Ansible and Linux/Unix scripting
- Deep technical experience in TLS certificate management and issue resolution
- Experience/knowledge in a broad range of systems, i.e: Guidewire Insurance Suite, OpenText Exstream, Mulesoft, Liferay, Spring Boot, IBM Security Access Manager, etc.
- Experience with containers, i.e: Docker, Kubernetes
- Demonstrated expertise in system landscape design and implementation.
- Proven ability to work business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities and integration with existing infrastructure
- Proven track record of implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget
- Strong experience with Linux based infrastructure
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associates or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associates
Required knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze and resolve performance issues.
- Strong understanding of internet and networking concepts and practices.
- Good knowledge of load balancer configuration and firewall connectivity
- Strong knowledge of security and control procedures
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and troubleshooting techniques.
- Good understanding of Project Management concepts and System Development Life Cycle.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
TURNKEY SOLUTIONS THAT ALLOW YOU TO FOCUS ON YOUR CORE MISSION
Accelerate and evolve the ability to attract, validate, deploy and manage human assets through a multi-tiered service customized for you.
Why Work Here?WHAT IS HAYSTACK? TURNKEY SOLUTIONS THAT ALLOW YOU TO FOCUS ON YOUR CORE MISSION Accelerate and evolve the ability to attract, validate, deploy and manage human assets through a multi-tiered service customized for you.
Direct opportunity with competitive pay and benefit package!