Haystack LLC is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for a permanent opportunity in either Cleveland OH or Hurdon VA (either one).
The Network Enginner will be doing some customer facing work so solid communication skills are a must.
The Network Engineer is the highest tier network position in the Global Command Center. The Network Engineer is involved in pre-sales support, sales support, on-going maintenance and tier 3 ticket escalations.
Primary functions include the design and configuration of LAN/WAN architectures, creation of Bill of Materials (BoMs), responses to Request for Proposals (RfPs), and is an escalation point for any internal tier 3 network issues beyond the knowledge of NOC personnel.
Must possess superior troubleshooting skills to minimize down time.
The individual in this role will be required to provide structured documentation for all customer facing as well as procedures to be followed by all levels of NOC, implementation, and provisioning support.
• CCIE level knowledge of routing and switching within Cisco Networks, other vendors a plus • Working knowledge of SD-WAN solutions including Viptela
• High level and low level design work utilizing Microsoft Vizio
• Ability to create clear and concise IT documentation
• Mentoring of lower tier network technicians Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel • 40 hours per week • 20% travel
• 3-5 years of experience in the design and configuration of LAN/WAN architecture
• Four year technical degree in engineering, computer science, or information systems or equivalent work experience and training
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to capture business needs into formal scope documents Additional Qualifications Desired
• CCIE R/S Preferred
TURNKEY SOLUTIONS THAT ALLOW YOU TO FOCUS ON YOUR CORE MISSION
Accelerate and evolve the ability to attract, validate, deploy and manage human assets through a multi-tiered service customized for you.