Technical Writer (SnagIT /Adobe Illustrator) - Contract - Reston, VA - $35.00-$40.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An IT Service Management Company is seeking a Technical Writer (SnagIT /Adobe Illustrator) in Reston, VA.
* Create effective written documents when needed, to support decision-making, customer service, or training needs. This may include, but shall not be limited to, decision analysis report, problem/solution statements, business cases for potential changes, and presentations for users and/or leadership.
* Create and maintain user guides, quick reference guides, and other technical collateral material as assigned.
* Create framework / templates to use in all documentation created.
* Communicate clearly about technical topics in a manner that is meaningful and well-written in non-technical language for a wide variety of audiences.
* Communicate regularly with Business Analysts, Developers, and other internal staff to ensure documentation is accurate and effective.
* Work with technical team to document / translate work efforts and responsibilities for easy consumption by less technical audience.
* Perform internal content review of other writers' documentation.
Skills & Requirements
* 4+ years of experience as a Technical Writer
* Must be proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Visio and Adobe read/write and graphical applications
* Thorough technical understanding and superior attention to detail
* Self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and authentic individual with passion for details and ability to multitask.
* Must be a quick learner, self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
* Excellent English language verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or its equivalent with relevant experience.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint to be used as document repository for all documentation created.
* Proficient in creating and editing graphics, figures, and illustrations for documents using graphics tools such as: SnagIT, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Paint
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.