Cloud Engineer - Contract - Orlando, FL
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cloud Engineer Requirements:
* Strong AWS experience. Design experience in an enterprise environment. Experience in a system engineer/devops role.
* Experience/Familiarity with some technologies used by our teams: Angular.js, Node.js, Spring/Java
* Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems
* Experience with web and mobile
* Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience.
* Deep technical experience in consumer and employee facing enterprise systems
* Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in
* Exposure to cloud development and migration an added plus
* Desire and ability to adapt to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new languages and techniques for software delivery.
* Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
* Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
· Above average Linux knowledge, especially with regard to running process, storage admin and command line tools to triage issues
· Good understanding of networks, including routing, DNS, and sub-nets
· Cloud admin experience (defining/configuring resources via a scripting tool, not just using the UI)
· AWS exposure preferred, but Azure or Google is okay too.
· Scripting (e.g., bash, korn shell, etc.) for automating rote tasks on a *nix platform
· Docker, Containerizing
· All of the provisioner skills, at an advanced level
- Expert level ability in a programming language other than bash/korn shell for something other than simple scripts
· Used with a programming editor/IDE, not just vi or simple editor
· Understands, and writes test as a deliverable part of any programming effort
· Has used source control apps, understands branching
· Understands and has used (or better yet designed/implemented) a CI-CD process
· Understands containerization, has administered/configured Docker
· Understands and can create requirements/documentation suitable for use by other techs, including diagrams
· Understands system/network security
· ACLs, IP tables
· Docker, Containerizing
· Has developed/worked using agile methodology
· Has worked as an app developer, created/deployed distributed services for a commercial concern
· Has a basic understanding of databases, DDL, etc. and/or has worked with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
· Has exposure to any of the following tools/products
o Consul Vault
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.