Haynes and Boone, LLP Orange County, CA
- Posted: 25 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
At Haynes and Boone, our people are the driving force behind our success. Because we value the role every individual plays in how we deliver exceptional legal services, we hire people who will contribute to our professional reputation, enhance client relationships and share in our success. Our Houston office has an immediate opening for a Discovery Analyst to join our dynamic team.
This non-exempt position is responsible for mastering the firm’s litigation technology in the creation and maintenance of documents, images and, data for review and production in a variety of litigation support software formats. This will include analysis of data and data collections for case teams; quality checks on data and images received from third party sources and vendors; general user support for litigation software applications and other tasks relating to the management of documents and data gathered during the course of litigation.
- Work closely with the Department Manager and the Project Managers to perform the analytical and engineering aspects of data management throughout the discovery lifecycle. Provide consultation to the Project Managers on best practices and recommended ALS guidelines on a per task basis.
- Responsible for utilizing best practices, process documentation, tool updates, quality control and troubleshooting any issues which arise in assigned areas.
- Master and manage document review databases containing client evidence. These databases include but may not be limited to: iConect XERA, Relativity, LAW, Livenote and a variety of cloud based e-Discovery database solutions.
- Load and maintain data on network and/or processing data for review using software tools.
- Manipulate data using various text editing and comparative software tools; maintain tracking logs of data and images, and troubleshoot litigation support applications and databases as well as prepare and transfer data to stand-alone computers for deposition, court proceedings, trial, or presentation.
- Prepare document images and data for production in a variety of litigation support software formats; prepare analyses of data and data collections for case teams, and perform quality checks on data and images received from third party sources and vendors.
- Leverage the department Work Management System to stay organized and effectively communicate status updates to the entire Automated Legal Services team. Consistently complete work requests in an accurate and timely manner. Work status must be over communicated. Network storage for supported projects needs to be kept clean and effectively managed.
- Take ownership and work with internal and external resources to troubleshoot technical roadblocks and complex situations. Results of which must be clearly documented in the Knowledgebase and appropriately communicated to the entire ALS team.
- Review and evaluate work performed by peers for quality assurance. Leverage a combination of historical experience, ReadySuite, home grown tools, processes and checklists to complete this function.
- Identify, design, implement and utilize best practices and/or quality processes to deliver a high quality work product.
- Develop and implement best practices for data archival and system storage needs.
- Participate in local and national thought leadership groups. ILTA, ACEDS, EDRM, etc.
- This position is deadline driven requiring unexpected demands on time an effort, often requiring additional unscheduled hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Discovery Analyst reports directly to Manager of Automated Legal Services.
Subordinate staff: None
Minimum of 5 years industry experience working with a mid-sized or large law firm that insources or service provider is preferred.
- 5 years of litigation support environment or legal service provider experience
- 5 years of litigation software use and administration.
- 5 years of experience with EDRM based solutions
- 5 years of working with database load files within the context of the legal industry
- Light scripting experience; or equivalent with desire to expand
- Light SQL experience; or equivalent with desire to expand
- Must be comfortable working in a smart, fast-paced, rewarding environment
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Maintain strong analytical skills and be an out of the box thinker
- Work well within a team; demonstrate the ability to be innovative and share ideas; demonstrate openness to new ideas;
- Be reliable, flexible and available as required;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work on a daily basis in a work management system
- Maintain strong written, comprehension and oral communication skills
- Maintain the ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations
- Possess strong organizational skills and be able to meet challenging deadlines
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. College Degree and / or Industry recognized certifications preferred.
Must be able to move around the office up to 15% of the time to make copies, fax, file, etc. Remains stationary at least 85% of the time. This position operates computers and other office productivity machines (e.g., fax machine, copier, printer, etc.) on a regular basis. Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 15 lbs. This position requires constant communication and exchange of information with the Firm attorneys, clients and staff. This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.
Office environment; Working additional hours beyond the normal schedule may be required to meet firm or client demands.
It is our mission to be a preeminent law firm that serves clients globally on sophisticated legal matters while maintaining a special culture founded on teamwork, a healthy work environment, and a strong work ethic. While every law firm believes culture is an important component of success, our culture is truly unique. Our culture is defined by our collaborative work environment and by putting the interests of our clients first. It focuses on teamwork, an environment of mutual respect, and a long-term view that supports investing in the future and the success of Haynes and Boone as an outstanding professional service institution.
Haynes and Boone, LLPWhy Work Here?
Our culture is defined by our collaborative work environment and by putting the interests of our clients first.
Haynes and Boone, LLP is one of the American Lawyer top 100 law firms, with more than 600 lawyers in 18 offices and 40 major legal practices. We are among the largest firms based in the United States. Our growth has been driven by our client service strengths, especially our problem-solving acumen and our ability to collaborate with clients. It is our mission to be a preeminent law firm that serves clients globally on sophisticated legal matters while maintaining a special culture founded on teamwork, a healthy work environment, and a strong work ethic. While every law firm believes culture is an important component of success, our culture is truly unique. Our culture is defined by our collaborative work environment and by putting the interests of our clients first. It focuses on teamwork, an environment of mutual respect, and a long-term view that supports investing in the future and the success of Haynes and Boone as an outstanding professional service institution.
600 Anton Blvd.Orange County, CA