Hay & Associates, An Accountancy Corporation offers a full range of accounting, assurance, tax, and advisory services. The firm is located in Woodland Hills and specializes in serving clients in the Cannabis sector along with clients in other industries. We also service the needs of high net worth individuals and their families.
We pride ourselves on fostering a positive and fun work environment as well as being an exceptional CPA firm built on solid professional skills and strong working relationships with our clients. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, flexible work hours and an exciting work environment. We are a rapidly growing company offering tremendous opportunities for development and advancement to ambitious accounting professionals.
Under direction from the Principals, this Senior Auditor will be responsibilities for leading and executing tax, audit, review, preparation, compilation and bookkeeping engagements along with ad-hoc requests and special projects. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task as well as work independently with little supervision on many projects. Additionally, s/he must be able to work well as part of a team. Meeting deadlines is a must, making strong time management skills a requirement.
- Must be comfortable working with clients in the Cannabis industry
- A Certified Public Accountant (or in progress with 2+ parts passed).
- 3 to 5+ years in public accounting, serving public or private companies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent research techniques.
- Ability to multi-task, communicate and maintain relationship with clients.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A willingness to diversify knowledge in specialized areas.
- Must be comfortable working in a small company environment
- Manage and adhere to budgets
- Senior / Supervisor
- Self-starter and detail-oriented
- Ability to Research and analysis technical accounting issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint)
- (Preferred) Proficient in Quickbooks
- 10% Travel expected
- Up to 15% to 20% of time will be with tax related projects
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- CPA or Pending CPA Licensure with at least 2 parts passed (Required)
- 401k with Matching
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Subsidized Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible Work Hours
- Positive and Fun Culture
- Company Sponsored Events
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Related Field (Required)
To apply, please email. No calls.
Job Type: Full-time
Hay & Associates is an equal opportunity providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status