Hay & Associates, An Accountancy Corporation offers a full range of accounting, assurance, tax, and advisory services. The firm is located in the heart of Downtown LA (just 2 blocks from the Staples Center in the hip and trendy South Park district). We specialize in serving clients in the Cannabis sector along with clients in other industries. We also service the needs of high net worth individuals and their families.
We pride ourselves on fostering a positive and fun work environment as well as being an exceptional CPA firm built on solid professional skills and strong working relationships with our clients. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, flexible work hours and an exciting work environment. We are a rapidly growing company offering tremendous opportunities for development and advancement to ambitious accounting professionals.
Under direction from the Partners and Seniors, this Staff Auditor will be responsibilities for learning and performing staff level work on audit, review, preparation, compilation and bookkeeping engagements along with ad-hoc requests and special projects. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task as well as work independently, EAGER to learn and have a POSITIVE attitude. Additionally, s/he must be able to work well as part of a team. Meeting deadlines is a must, making strong time management skills a requirement.
- Must be comfortable working with clients in the Cannabis industry
- A Certified Public Accountant (or planning to take CPA Exam).
- 1 to 3 years in public accounting, serving public or private companies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent research techniques.
- Ability to multi-task, communicate and maintain relationship with clients.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A willingness to diversify knowledge in specialized areas.
- Must be comfortable working in a small company environment
- Self-starter and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Quickbooks (Preferred, not required)
- 10% Travel expected
- Relevant: 1 to 3 years (Required)
- CPA or Planning for CPA Licensure (Preferred, not required)
- 401k with Matching
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Subsidized Health insurance
- HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible Work Hours
- Positive and Fun Culture
- Company Sponsored Events
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Related Field (Required)
- Minimum four classes in Accounting with an Accounting GPA of 3.0 or higher
- United States (Required)
To apply, please email or fax your resume. No calls.
Hay & Associates is an equal opportunity providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status