- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position performs a variety of technical and skilled professional task assignments, and administrative work in the Finance Department. This position requires considerable independent judgment based on knowledge acquired through training and experience in the performance of duties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general accounting, budgeting, and internal audit processes. This position supports the Treasurer and General Manager. Work is reviewed through monthly financial statements and packet, audits, internal checks, reconciliations, reports, observations, and hands-on job assignments.
· Assigns and supervises account payable, accounts receivable, payroll, billing and general ledger activities; completes or assists with completion of special projects or assignments; conducts research, compiles data and prepares reports; handles matter of a confidential or sensitive nature; assists department directors and the Gennral Manager with budget, purchasing, cost savings and responds to inquiries or directs to proper authority.
· Performs banking; department financial transactions; financial worksheets and supporting reports and documents; gathers, compiles, calculates, prepares and maintains financial and statistical data; reviews, verifies and corrects accounting reports and documents; audits accounting data for accuracy of content and calculations; monitors department budget to ensure expenditures do not exceed appropriations; reconciles month end and yearend financial information; updates and balances to computerized general ledger accounts; conducts inventories.
· Assists is preparing annual budget for presentation to Budget Committee and to the Board of Directors. Prepares schedules for projections and prepares State Format Budget, including Reserve Study.
· Assists with the Investment Committee review of the corporation’s investments and investment advisors. Monthly recording of community portfolio for the financial statements, preparation for any required purchases and sales and preparation of any recommendations to the Board for approval. Due to the nature of the market time is of the essence is many of these matters.
· Operates computer to enter, produce or verify information confers with appropriate officials/agencies to clarify or confirm data; reviews records and reports generated by computer to ensure accuracy and consistency. Maintains security of computerized financial data (e.g., performs proper back-up and storage procedures, etc.).
· Maintains realty subsidiary books, prepares financial statements, monthly sales reports, home closing reports, and verifies daily sales activity reports.
· Prepares schedules and work papers for outside auditors and tax accountant.
· Approves reports, bank reconciliations and voided invoices prepared by accounting staff. Proper reporting and filing of all documents.
· Renews various local and state licenses for operations.
· Processes, records, balances and verifies a variety of accounting transactions; enters transactions into ledgers, journals and other record books, and reconciles journal entries; prepares periodic financial and statistical statements, reports and tabulations; develops and maintains status reports involving company expenditures. Assists staff with troubleshooting accounting, payables, receivables, payroll and billing problems.
· Periodically reviews internal controls to assure adherence to local, state and federal regulations and policies.
· Prepare accounting and statistical reports for submission to supervisors; prepare remittances and reports for various governmental agencies & Treasurer. Prepare and maintain a variety of financial logs, reports, and records.
· Independently analyzes and/or reconciles semi-complex accounts receivable, assessments, amounts due, interest charges, balances, similar types of revenue and revenue-generating documents and/or utility accounting and billing system problems according to established procedures.
· Using ledgers, journals and/or computers, classifies records and summarizes higher-level numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records.
· Complies with organizational, Federal and state policies, procedures and regulations related to accounting and taxes and fees levied by the Corporation.
Payroll / Benefit/HR Duties
· Reviews various benefit products in the market for options and comparisons.
· Acts as the plan administrator for the 401K pension plan. Prepares annual audit of the plan and communicates and meets with VOYA, Montanti advisory Services and AFC Pensions, Inc. as needed.
· Oversee and coordinate employee benefit programs, including group life, health and disability insurance, COBRA administration, and retirement.
· Review and approve insurance reconciliations; counsel and assist employees regarding benefit programs.
Risk Management Duties
· Provides information to insurance company/broker when requested and obtains new quotes when warranted.
· Identify financial, safety or security risks that the organization may face.
· Prepare action plans to decrease risk factors.
· Propose risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation in order to minimize their future risks.
· Provide training for organization staff so that they can be aware of risks and try to avoid them.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Completes various monthly and fiscal year-end close functions, prepares audit schedules, and functions within assigned deadlines.
· Prepares and enters journal activity entries. Preparation of the monthly financial statement reconciliation, closeouts.
· Participates in on-call and after-hours duties as assigned. Must be available for overtime and emergency call-outs when necessary.
· Assists in preparation for, response to, and recovery from the impacts of a wide variety of disasters or emergencies and may be temporarily assigned to other duties, locations, and shifts.
· Promotes a positive customer service environment internally and externally.
· Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
· Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
· Counter signs checks
· Maintains community Forms and Contracts folders
· Performs other related duties assigned by the General Manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities –Accounts & Services Coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or a related field supplemented
Technical Skills Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Internet, and cloud-based programs.
Technical Skills Preferred: TOPS or community association accounting systems and related payroll programs
Certifications Preferred: LCAM
Experience Required: Five (5) years of progressive experience in accounting-related functions is preferred, or any combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, required.
Hawthorne at Leesburg
100 Hawthorne Blvd.Leesburg, FL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Technical Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.