1. Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
2. Keeps lines of communication open with staff and clients.
3. Performs diversified accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, and principal.
4. Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
5. Monitors and reports regarding the productivity of staff and adheres to work plan schedules on each assignment.
6. Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
7. Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
8. Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
9. Prepares and indexes work papers, performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
10. Prepares complicated tax returns.
11. Suggests client tax planning ideas and opportunities to increase level and types of services to a Supervisor, Manager, or Director.
12. Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Director and writes comments for management letters.
13. Drafts reports including footnotes.
14. Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
15. Performs the broadest range of accounting tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers or principals is kept to a minimum. 16. Leads engagement team and prepares end-of-engagement evaluations for staff.
17. Keeps abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm’s standards and policies.
18. Prepares other reports, projects, and duties as may be assigned.
19. Knows and understands the reason behind the firm’s policies and procedures.
20. Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
21. Begins acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty
See company website for detailed job description and preferred skills: https://hawthorne-cpa.com/
Hawthorne & Company, CPAs is celebrating nearly 60 years of quality service to our continuously growing client base. Our firm serves privately held companies, not-for-profit organizations, individual clients and estates and trusts throughout the Pacific Northwest region.