CPA Firm Audit/Tax Manager
Hawthorne & Co, CPA Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Hawthorne & Company, CPAs is celebrating over 55 years of quality service to our continuously growing client base. Our firm serves closely held businesses, not-for-profit organizations, individual clients, and estates and trusts throughout the Pacific Northwest region.
At Hawthorne & Company, CPAs, our philosophy is to provide our clients with quality, cost-effective accounting, tax, and management advisory services, with special attention to our clients’ individual financial and psychological needs. While providing these services, we aim to establish an enjoyable, rewarding, and profitable workplace.
As a Hawthorne & Company, CPAs employee, you will be welcomed into a small-office atmosphere made up of a friendly, diverse, talented staff. Hawthorne & Company, CPAs offers an excellent work environment that revolves around team collaboration and encourages individual professional growth. We believe in giving our employees tools, resources, and opportunities to learn and grow. Joining our team gives you the opportunity to both mentor professionals newer to the industry and learn from professionals with decades of experience.
Individuals who thrive at Hawthorne & Company, CPAs exhibit the following success skills – Client Empathy, Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking, Results Oriented, and Time Management.
Summary of Responsibilities
The CPA Firm Audit/Tax Manager role is responsible for managing client assignments and projects and delivering a high-quality service. This includes advising, coaching, mentoring, and supporting team members in meeting client and self-development expectations.
The CPA Firm Audit/Tax Manager will have a strong understanding of business situations, project management, team management (including an ability to lead, direct and coach), and client relationship skills, as well as strong technical knowledge and a developing area of expertise.
The CPA Firm Audit/Tax Manager will meet all engagement objectives (including client expectations, deadlines, budgets and outcomes), provide outstanding client experience leading to high client satisfaction, produce excellent business development results through engagement growth of related and new services, and elicit high levels of satisfaction from team members. The CPA Firm Audit/Tax Manager will participate in firm wide initiatives including recruitment, business development, and retention initiatives. The CPA Firm Audit/Tax Manager will have potential opportunity for firm ownership in the future.
1. Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client management and peer client levels.
2. Develops and is accountable for the engagement work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved.
3. Plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve engagement objectives.
4. Helps develop solutions for clients and manages the implementation of ideas.
5. Advises, coaches, mentors and supports team members including providing consistent recognition and encouragement to team members to increase retention and utilization.
6. Successfully builds, directs and maintains a motivated and empowered work team.
7. Structures work teams to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
8. Anticipates project issues, assesses alternatives and takes appropriate measure to resolve engagement issues.
9. Manages the engagement budget, quality control and profitability in their area of responsibility.
10. Anticipates and communicates budget issues, identifies opportunities to improve engagement profitability and prepares billings and assists in collections.
11. Identifies client needs/opportunities to develop additional value-added services.
12. Supports the owner/s in the development and planning of practice objectives and budgets.
13. Development of functional specialization and/or industry expertise.
14. Supports the owner/s in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs (including recruitment interviews), utilization and people development.
15. Builds strong coaching and mentoring skills.
16. Shares and transfers knowledge in the team.
17. Actively pursues self-development opportunities in line with the competency model.
18. Reviews engagement workpapers, identifies any issues, and keeps the owner/s informed of all important developments in the engagement.
19. Evaluates the performance of senior accountants.
20. Performance is measured based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, ability to meet time constraints, and results achieved.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or master’s degree in accounting.
2. Must hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license.
3. Experience in public accounting of 7 to 10 years in the relevant field of either tax or audit.
4. Business acumen.
5. Strong technical knowledge and skills.
6. A developing area in field of expertise and industry profile.
7. Strong client relationship skills.
8. Strong project management skills.
9. Strong team management skills - the ability to lead, motivate and coach teams of people.
10. Demonstrated ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
11. A strong knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area and a working knowledge of products and services in other practice areas.
12. A sound understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives, and stakeholder/competitor interests.
13. Proficiency in use of technology, and accounting and tax software applications.
14. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
· Four weeks of paid annual leave
· Eight paid holidays per calendar year
· Flexible work arrangement opportunities
· SIMPLE IRA Retirement plan provided for all employees
· Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, and Life Insurance
· Annual incentive bonus plan
· Up to 40 hours of approved continuing education and training costs per year
· Paid membership in a professional organization related to your career
· Free on-site parking
· An excellent work environment where employees’ personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged
Interested candidates can apply on our website at https://hawthorne-cpa.com/careers. Applications submitted without a resume or cover letter will not be considered.
Hawthorne & Company, CPAs is celebrating nearly 60 years of quality service to our continuously growing client base. Our firm serves privately held companies, not-for-profit organizations, individual clients and estates and trusts throughout the Pacific Northwest region.
Hawthorne & Co, CPAWhy Work Here?
Dynamic, well-known CPA firm with nearly 60 years of service! Excellent benefits and room for growth!
Hawthorne & Company, CPAs, is a leading public accounting firm based in Burien, Washington. Our firm is seeking a manager accountant to provide accounting, tax and audit services for both individual and business clients, as well as not-for-profit clients. Hawthorne & Company, CPAs provides benefits and an excellent work environment that revolves around teamwork and individual professional growth. Hawthorne & Company, CPAs is celebrating nearly 60 years of quality service to our continuously growing client base. Our firm serves privately held companies, not-for-profit organizations, individual clients and estates and trusts throughout the Pacific Northwest region.
17820 1st Ave SouthSeattle, WA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hawthorne & Co, CPA