Accounts Payable Manager
Hawthorn Senior Living Vancouver, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hawthorn Senior Living is a growing senior housing company, managing independent living and assisted living retirement communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. We are a rapidly growing company and we have an immediate opportunity at our Vancouver home office for a full-time Accounts Payable Manager.
About Our Opportunity:
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the centralized accounts payable operations. The Accounts Payable Manager manages accounts payable processes for multiple entities and ensures timely payments are made to vendors in an accurate and efficient manner. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing and sustaining scalable processes and also identifying and implementing process improvements where needed across our accounting department. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist in gathering information for administrative and financial reports, all in an atmosphere of discretion, regarding the duties of this position.
Why Hawthorn Senior Living:
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes generous paid time off and the opportunity to elect healthcare, dental, vision and disability benefits; as well as life insurance, a 401k plan with company match and an open and supportive team-based environment.
Key Job Functions:
· Coordinate, plan, implement and perform all vendor payments in a complete, accurate and timely manner for multiple entities managed by Hawthorn Senior Living.
· Manage monthly/annual closing of AP records.
· Audit for completeness and accuracy while identifying and resolving errors.
· Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation, and coordination with team members.
· Respond to vendors regarding financial questions to meet business needs.
· Prepare schedules, reports and assist with company audit requirements.
· Maintain the Vendor master file and prepare 1099’s to vendors annually.
· Manage, monitor and ensure timely payment disbursements to vendors.
· Process check and electronic payments while monitoring cash flow.
· Lead and direct Accounts Payable staff of 7 team members.
· Assist with cash management through monitoring expenditures.
· Help identify and assist in regular process improvements especially regarding internal controls within the department and across all affiliated companies.
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
· Continuously increase knowledge base in perspective job area and in the role of a leader in the company.
· Maintain integrity with a proven ability to work discretely with confidential information.
· Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Must Possess Basic Knowledge of:
· Basic and advanced accounting policies and procedures.
· Understanding of different currencies, pay strategies, and exchange rates.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
· Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
· People management.
· Record-keeping techniques.
· Principles and practices of supervision and training.
· Technical aspects of accounts payable.
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
· Generally accepted accounting practices.
· Strategies of organization and planning.
· Handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Exhibiting willingness to exceed expectations.
· Working independently in a deadline driven team environment.
· Maintaining confidentiality.
· Displaying strong computer, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office Suite needed.
· Experience using a Tier1 ERP software preferred.
· Advanced Excel skills required.
Associates Degree in accounting with three (3) years of demonstrated experience and knowledge OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter. Resume submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at: http://www.seniorlivinginstyle.com/
We do pre-employment employment verifications and reference checks. Hawthorn Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hawthorn Senior LivingWhy Work Here?
This is a privately owned company with an amazing work environment.
At Hawthorn Senior Living, our caring concern for our residents is the foundation that leads to outstanding resident services. As contributing members of the communities we serve, what is most important is that we love our residents.We care about people and because our residents deserve the best, we are looking for employees who understand caring and compassionate customer service. Working in our retirement communities, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our seniors every day.
9310 NE Vancouver Mall Drive Suite 200 Vancouver WA 98662Vancouver, WA
Finance and Insurance