TASTING ROOM BARBACK (Up to $26.00 hourly!)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 Hourly
Views of Mt. Hood in the Great Outdoors!
Hawks View Winery is located in Sherwood, just 17 miles from downtown Portland and conveniently at the gateway of Willamette Valley wine country. Specializing in estate grown wines from our 45-acre property, we cater to our local community and offer tasting rooms with extended hours and breathtaking views. Our associates are dedicated to delighting guests by providing excellent hospitality and serving great wine and food pairings in a beautiful environment.
Assist servers with wine and food pairing experience.
Hawks View Winery seeks a Tasting Room Barback who will set up and maintain the tasting counters for the servers, ensuring the servers have all the necessary tools to exceed the guests’ expectations and exceed sale goals. During any given shift, the Barback will split time between The Barback is a support role to a sales position, therefore must have a service and sales mindset.
Compensation: $14.50 + Tips (Up to $26.00 Hourly!)
In the last year, our Barbacks reported a range of total compensation from $19-$26.00 Hourly. Tips, and commissions fluctuate based on the server’s skill set, guests and hours. Apply online for more information about our competitive range for hourly, tip and commission wages!
Wednesday - Sunday
12:00 - Close (Some Holidays)
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are prompt, on-time, and detail-oriented.
- You enjoy sharing knowledge with guests and Members about wine, food pairings, the Willamette Valley, and Oregon.
- You take pride in your work and helping members and guests.
- You work cooperatively with a team.
- This is a sales position! Be excited to professionally sell wine, wine club memberships and experiences.
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge with guests and Members about wine, food pairings, the Willamette Valley, and Oregon
- You are a naturally friendly and hospitable person.
- You like working in the great outdoors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of guests and associates.
- Maintain professional etiquette as set by the Hawks View Winery values and standards.
- Greet guests with a smile and respond quickly to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ensure wine is stocked at all tasting counters, and wine storage areas.
- Prep and maintain all stations with wine, glasses, ice, towels and supplies.
- Perform any task as requested by the Tasting Room Manager or Tasting Room Lead including cleaning, stocking, kitchen prep, etc. in support of the tasting room experience.
- Collect empty glasses and dishes and maintain a clean premise.
- Assist kitchen in food preparation and deliver food to guest tables as needed.
- Carry wine and merchandise to guests’ cars as needed.
- Understand and adhere to environmental standards set by the winery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be 21 and over.
- Must have mostly open availability and be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Positive attitude, good conversational skills, and overall happy demeanor.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift/move 40+ lbs. regularly
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to stand, walk and bend for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in high and low temperatures.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a Food Handlers Card and OLCC permit.
- Able to engage guests in a clear and professional manner.
- Be willing and able to work well under pressure and in a high paced work environment.
- Ability to multitask while staying organized.
- Experience with wine, retail, and/or hospitality desirable but not essential.
Hawks View Winery
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?