Provides installation and maintenance of Electronic Key Systems, hybrid key/PBX Systems, SELEX, data/private line circuits and ancillary equipment. Prepares daily work reports, prepares complete service planning for subscribers, and performs other related, marginal duties as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installs, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, trouble shoots and maintains various Electronic Key Systems, Key/Hybrid/PBX Systems, data and associated equipment.
- Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow-up.
- Interprets Business Sales orders and service orders to determine installation needs, and repair trouble reports to determine maintenance needs. Orders and/or obtains required equipment.
- Installs, terminates and maintains cables, inside wire and drop wire.
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and take appropriate maintenance action.
- Prepares daily work reports and completes associated forms, reports, and related paperwork.
- Majority of work is indoors. Works in buildings being constructed or renovated. Exposed to dust, heat, poor lighting, etc.
- Weekday, weekend and holiday work tours including day, evening and night hours.
- Subject to overtime and call-outs.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests - Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Requires alertness and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and carry ladders, tools, test equipment, etc.
- Ability to climb poles and ladders.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors and audible tones.
- Valid driver's license. Must be able to operate manual transmission
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring diagrams.
- Able to operate test equipment such as VOMS, test sets, etc.
- Two (2) or more years in one or a combination of the following: Customer Service Specialist, Customer Zone Technician I, Electronic Equipment Installer, Switching Technician, Telecommunications Technician.
- Two (2) years experience in one or a combination of the following jobs: Cable Splicer, Customer Care Advocate, Customer Zone Technician II, Equipment Installer, Equipment Repairer, Junior Engineer, Service Facility Technician or Station Technician.
- Two (2) or more years experience as a technician/repair person in telecommunications or related field of industrial electronics, or with military technical training in telecommunications technology.
- A+ Certification and Network+ Certification (complex configuration and networking)
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License (General Radio Telephone certificate)
- A degree in electronics technology to include successful completion of digital logic, electronic communications, microprocessor fundamentals from an accredited or recognized educational institution.