The primary responsibility of the Consumer Video Sales Representative is to sell Hawaiian Telcom TV, internet and phone services by approaching people in pre-determined territories and geographic areas. Successful candidates will demonstrate sales success in a quota driven sales environment.
Expectation is to reach pre-determined monthly sales quota targets.
Sales Functions – 75%
- Sales – 35% - Process of the sales presentation and the completion of the order.
- Door knocking – 15% - Knock on doors to locate a customer to sell, aka cold calling.
- Consultation – 15% - Consultative sales requires the D2D representative to ask probing questions, then make recommendations for a service opportunity with Hawaiian Telcom.
- Follow-up and Follow-through – 7% - Follow up with customers through personal visit after the installation and following through with any additional action to ensure customer satisfaction and possible future sales opportunities
- Managing non-bulk assigned buildings – 3% - Reach out to resident managers in the non-bulk buildings and build a relationship to generate additional sales opportunities and participate in various building launch resident events.
Sales Administrative Tasks – 25%
- Order entry of sales orders – 10% - Enter orders that the representative has made into the iPad order form for processing into CRM.
- Managing Territory – 8% - Manage their assigned sales territory to ensure optimal service penetration and exhaust all direct sales opportunities.
- Sales tracking – 4% - Track sales through the sales system which could include the entry of sales information, reasons for buying/not buying, marketing statistical information, doors knocked vs. presentations made vs. sales made as well as tracking of sales made to insure that the order is processed and is in the commission system for payment.
- Reporting – 3% - Prepare reports to other entities within the company (i.e., network for inaccessible properties, damage witnessed in the field that needs addressing, inaccessible properties to Marketing for removal from D2D treatment).
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a Business related area or two (2) years equivalent work experience in a related field. Candidates must have a reliable vehicle and possess a valid Hawaii State Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record within Company required standards.
- No experience to 1 year
- One (1) or more years’ experience in direct customer (face-to-face) sales.
- Demonstrated experience managing to Business Strategies, sales tracking and reporting, non-bulk sales conditions and consultative interaction with customers.
- One (1) or more years’ working through technical, cable or telecommunications experience desired. Consideration given for two (2) years’ experience in any in of the following positions: CSSC, BSC, BST, Care, CZT.
- Add able to demonstrate proficiency in English through verbal and written communication.
- Experience using personal computer and software applications and Android and or IOS mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to maintain high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to maintain favorable relations with subscribers, vendors and employees within the service area.
- Knowledge of communications technologies and services, with an emphasis on data networking fundamentals.
- Ability to prioritize activities and tasks effectively.
- Ability to make quick situational assessments and react accordingly.
- Requires leveraging a variety of technical skills to work across internal groups as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Requires alignment with the Company’s F.A.S.T. Values: Fierce Resolve – be Focused, Determined, Overcome the toughest challenges; Aloha Spirit – Heartfelt, Kind, Serve with warmth and humility; Superior Service – Exceptional, Extraordinary, Strive to provide the very best; Trustworthy – Honest, Reliable, Make promises a reality;
No Supervisory Responsibility
Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii's consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies.
We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience. We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.