General Manager/Assistant General Manager
Hawaiian Bros - Lawrence Lawrence, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) manages the operations of the restaurant during scheduled shifts. Responsible for assistingthe General Manager (GM) in developing and achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through theimplementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards.Responsible schedule generation, labor planning and management, inventory management and some disciplinary actions.
For our company to accomplish goals and deliver on its Vision and Values, we must ensure that our behavior is grounded in these Guiding Principles throughout our day-to-day interactions. It is ‘HOW’ we achieve our result that is important, not just the result.
- People First – Acts with integrity. Treats everyone fairly and with dignity and respect. Is honest, straightforward and direct when dealing with everyone. Regularly recognizes achievements and contributions of others.
- Power of the team – Respects and honors diversity across the organization. Works well as part of a team; systematically encourages and supports others. Is willing to perform any task necessary to get the job done.
- Open Communication – Seeks first to understand, then to be understood. Actively challenges and discusses issues and then supports the final outcome. Is open to constructive feedback; is a good listener.
- Focus & Accountability – Takes responsibility to fully understand what is expected of him/her/others. Honors commitments and takes responsibility for producing quality results. Effectively deals with problems and tenaciously pursues solutions.
- Speed & Simplicity – Accomplishes work efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner. Uses innovation and creativity to simplify and streamline getting the job done. Recognizes and responds effectively to unexpected changes.
- Excellence – Looks for a better way every day. Leads by example; is a good role model. Shows a willingness to challenge the rules; advocate for ‘Best Practices’. Is committed to being the best; takes risks and learns from mistakes.
Job EssentialsRoles & Responsibilities:
- Promote the company’s Vision and Values: People First, Power of the Team, OpenCommunication, Focus and Accountability, Speed and Simplicity, and Excellence.
- Monitor and document shift managers, team leads and OM performance utilizing the People FirstSystem; provide support and opportunities to achieve their full potential.
- Identify employee concerns and proactively address to satisfy the employee and ensurecompliance with established policies. Communicate major or recurring concerns to the GM.
- Educate and empower OM to resolve minor guest issues that require manager involvement.Assist in resolving major issues and communicate to GM.
- Educate shift managers and team leads to manage regulations and customer service standards.
- Create and realize financial objectives by motivating staff and implementing marketingstrategies.
- Schedule employee shifts balancing employee’s work/life considerations and needs of business.
- Verify crew member hours. Manage payroll notes in the shard drive.
- Conduct physical inventories. Calculate food and labor cost. Verify food and paper supplyorders.
- Generate a constant stream of candidates for Shift Manager position by building relationshipsand brand recognition in the local community, in addition to development from within.
- Recruit, hire and develop Shift Managers and Certified Trainers by leveraging the toolsavailable.
- Develop and motivate Shift Managers and Certified Trainers. Monitor and formally evaluatetheir performance relative to established goals.
- Ensure Trainer and Shift Manager compliance with productivity and service standards byretaining a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to change. Support and lead direct reports through changes.
- Monitor and evaluate restaurant operations, ensuring strict adherence to company-wide QSC,safety and sanitation standards.
- Validate equipment is properly maintained to ensure productivity levels are met. Recommenddecisions regarding repair or replacement of equipment.
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of local marketing programs and evaluate effectiveness.
- Resolve operational issues within the restaurant and communicate to the GM.
- Attend required AGM meetings. Move the business forward toward objectives by sharing inputand feedback and identifying best practices.
- Ensure key deadlines are met through time management and delegation
- Assist in coordination, implementation and execution of new initiatives, as directed by GM.
- Responsible for employee onboarding, administration andassignments.
- Monitor and evaluate the financial performance of the restaurant according to business objectives developed by the Area Manager.
- Identify financial trends and performance improvement opportunities. Develop arecommendation to resolve. Share with GM.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate financial data: payroll, cash and receipts, food costs, securityof funds, and operating expenses.
- Prepare and review financial reports.
At Hawaiian Bros, we expect our teammates to embody the Aloha spirit so we can help inspire our guests to do the same. That means ensuring a healthy work-life balance that lets you live in harmony with others and the natural world. As a company, we strive to act with honor, sharing gratitude, and positively impacting the communities we serve. In Hawaii, Ohana means family. And, when you come to work with us, you become part of a family that supports each other while having fun.
Hawaiian Bros - Lawrence
RetailView all jobs at Hawaiian Bros - Lawrence