Requisition Number 20-0257
Post Date 2/6/2020
Title Specialist, Policies & Procedures
Department Airport Operations
Part-Time Weekend No
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our 'ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama'aina and introducing our islands to the world!
* Author and edit all Airport Operation related service manuals as required
* Ensure all Airport Operation related service manuals are in compliance with company and all regulatory agency requirements.
* Represent Airport Operation during regulatory agency audits and ensure compliance on all requirements
* Facilitate cross functional meetings with other divisions to obtain consensus on the implementation of Airport Operation policy and procedures
* Liaise with cross functional departments and ensure the timely implementation, integration and adherence of policies and procedures
* Develop comprehensive presentations that formulates suitable methodology to facilitate flow of technical information
* Effectively communicate with leadership and frontline, covering identified areas of opportunities and recommendations
* Maintain reliable and user-friendly standards for existing manuals and forms
* Manage ad hoc projects as required to support Airport Operations' initiatives
* Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned areas
* Develop operational process and procedures as well as quick training presentation which includes defining and developing procedures and process map.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager
* High School diploma or equivalent education
* Must be proficient in computer applications (MS Office, systems related to documentation)
* Experience in writing published documents (Newsletters, bulletins, etc)
* Experience in creating presentations and presenting work to an audience.
* Ability to work effectively with others at all levels
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
* Strong initiative, be self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent command of english grammar and diction
* Able to work varied hours and be able to travel
* College Degree
* Experience in technical writing
* Aviation operations experience
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by/Conde Nast Traveler/,/Travel + Leisure/and/TripAdvisor/have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 91st year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers nonstop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian'sLinkedInpage.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines'online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)