Requisition Number 19-1486
Post Date 8/8/2019
Title Senior Project Manager, IT - Customer Master
Department Information Technology
Part-Time Weekend No
Want to drive the next generation of air travel innovation? Do this and more in Information Technology at Hawaiian Airlines.
We recently opened a Phoenix Technology Center that brings warm Hawaiian hospitality and aloha spirit to the Mainland. Enjoy a cool island vibe in Arizona plus travel perks to Hawaii on a Project Management team managing the ODS/Master Data project initiatives within the Enterprise Data portfolio.
We're all about Hawaiian hospitality, operating as 'ohana - that's family in Hawaiian - and doing the right thing for our guests, our employees, and our community. Come join us - you won't find another place like this.
* Solid stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the senior executive level
* Provide leadership, motivation, coaching, and professional development for project teams to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
* Establish and maintain project plans across multiple projects
* Authority to approve selection of project/program team members
* Plan, prepare, and maintain project schedules, by combining estimated activity durations and risks, to meet standards
* Display expert team leadership capability and handles conflict resolution professionally
* Demonstrates courage and self-confidence in dealing with project issues and in escalating required project/program issues
* Ensure end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
* Rigorously manage project(s) scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
* Authority to manage project budget up to value of the approved funding (typically up to $10MM)
* Use proper planning and monitoring techniques to control project or program costs
* Manage differences in scope, schedule, and cost priorities between projects, various stakeholder groups and project teams
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
* 7 years of experience in IT project and program management, including managing large-scale IT projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
* Strong understanding of IT project lifecycle in Enterprise Data Management area
* Experience working with IT stakeholders such as Solution Architects, Data Analysts, Data Architects, Developers, and QA Leads
* Proven experience working with remote teams
* Experience with both traditional waterfall software development processes and Agile / Scrum methodologies
* Ability to deal with complex business or technical issues while maintaining an overall project perspective
* Be knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle process and manage it
* Participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution
* Does not require daily oversight to perform duties
* Understands all project management activities involved in the project
* Creates sufficient supporting documentation to ensure the success of the project
* Interacts with business representatives and other business partners, including vendors, to ensure that the project is positioned for success
* Identify project drivers, and constraints
* Accurately plans and manages their individual work assignments
* Create and own the plan consisting of staffing, budgets, roles and responsibilities, assumptions, dates, deliverables, metrics and reporting
* Manage project risks
* Estimate the work based on effort, not calendar time
* Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body of Knowledge)
* Expert knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)
* Excellent relationship management and consulting skills
* Expert change leadership and management skills
* Expert risk management skills
* Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
* Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability
* 8+ years of experience in IT project and program management, including managing large-scale IT projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
* Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
* Experience managing projects in airline or adjecent industries
* Understanding of Operational Data Stores (ODS), Analytics Systems, and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by/Conde Nast Traveler/,/Travel + Leisure/and/TripAdvisor/have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian'sLinkedInpage.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines'online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)