Requisition Number 19-1646
Post Date 9/12/2019
Title Senior Manager, Leadership & Professional Development
Department Training & Development
Part-Time Weekend No
Reporting to the Managing Director, Training and Development, the Sr. Manager of Leadership and Professional Development Training is responsible for designing and delivering high impact & sustainable training programs to ensure that Hawaiian Airlines possess the organizational capability to meet current and future business objectives to include attracting, engaging, and retaining top talent.
* Manages the ongoing establishment of goals, planning, development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of leadership and professional development curriculum and instructional programs to aid in fostering an organizational culture that expects and directs high level performance and drives results
* Performs training needs assessment to identify individual, departmental, and organizational training needs
* Develops, implements, and manages comprehensive training programs to support business objectives covering both current and future needs
* Project management and implementation of leadership and professional development training programs and training events to include annual delivery calendar, project plans, resources planning, and budget management
* Accountable for the performance management of the Leadership and Professional Development Training team and systematically develops subject matter experts and internal trainers to deliver training events to include basic instructor training
* Develops effective measures and ensures appropriate mechanisms exist to continually measure, evaluate, and improve program content and delivery, leveraging both internal and external learning practices
* Works with project teams to ensure the delivery of training programs that support key business initiatives
* Ensures the efficient transfer of best practices in learning strategies, training design, assessment, and documentation
* Serve as a liaison with department VPs, Directors and Managers to develop learning programs
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in business, organizational development, education, or related field
* 5 years' of experience in training and/or education delivery and a proven track record and/or reputation for being a dynamic and effective facilitator
* 5 years' of experience managing teams and possess a track record of growing leaders and independent thinkers
* Ability to understand a variety of business processes (ex: budgeting, business case writing, project management, executive presentation, and strategic planning.)
* Ability to understand instructional design and training program development concepts
* Outstanding group presentation and communication skills
* Position may require some travel for on-site training
* Innovative yet pragmatic thinker who applies creative solutions to training customer problems
* Highly detailed, organized, and efficient
* Strong training customer service orientation
* Highly enthusiastic, positive-minded, customer focused, service-oriented
* Self-starter requiring ability to work independently, driving personal and team priorities for success
* Preference for working collaboratively in a team environment
* Masters' degree preferably in Organizational Development, Management, Business Administration, Leadership, or Education
* 10 years of experience in training and/or education delivery and a proven track record and/or reputation for being a dynamic and effective facilitator
* Experience in an airline or other corporate training environment
*About Hawaiian Airlines*
Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by/Conde Nast Traveler/,/Travel + Leisure/and/TripAdvisor/have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian'sLinkedInpage.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines'online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)