Chief Financial Officer
Hawaii Public Health Institute Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hawai‘i Public Health Institute (HIPHI) is looking for a hands-on leader with integrity and desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a part of HIPHI’s Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Executive Director, and will help to lead and support the continued growth of HIPHI. The CFO will supervise HIPHI’s finance and operations team, and will continue to build and lead effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, operations, and human resources. The CFO position is based in HIPHI’s Honolulu office.
HIPHI is a non-profit hub for health, bringing community-based organizations, government, academia, foundations, and business together to improve the quality of life for the people of Hawai‘i. HIPHI’s mission is to advance the health and wellness of the people and islands of Hawai‘i by:
● Expanding understanding of what creates health of people and place, embracing upstream social, cultural, and environmental factors;
● Fostering partnerships among public health, health care, and other diverse sectors to improve health and wellness; and
● Cultivating programs including education, advocacy, research, capacity building, and training—to improve policies, systems, and the environments where people live, learn, work, age, and play.
● Share in overall responsibility for development and implementation of HIPHI strategic directions and addresses critical strategic issues in financial and operational matters.
● Collaborate with the Executive Director and Programs Director to lead the organization in goals development, coaching, performance assessment, and the identification and filling of skills and capacity gaps.
● Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
● Foster a high-performance culture characterized by service leadership, collaboration and transparency that result in strong team morale, effective talent utilization, and partnership across functional areas of the organization.
Management of HIPHI’s Financial Health
● Provide leadership and subject matter expertise based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, revenue/expense analysis, and resource development.
● Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with HIPHI’s strategic plan.
● Engage the HIPHI board of directors(BOD) finance and investment committee around issues, trends, financial reporting, audit and other fiscal and/or operational matters.
● Partner with the Executive Director to engage with the HIPHI Board of Directors and assist the Finance Manager with financial reporting.
● Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop and implement financial strategies that promote HIPHI’s long-term sustainability.
● Manage monthly financial close process including the maintenance of detailed schedules and monthly financials for the Executive Director.
● Oversee budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
● Assist in the development of pricing/rate scales to support fee-for-service and contracting practices.
● Ensure staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and monitor the use of all funds.
● Lead the preparation and approval process for all financial reporting and metrics; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
● Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and portfolio accounting.
● Responsible to coordinate and complete the annual external audit, tax and other regulatory filings or audits.
● Management and ongoing assessment and improvement of all systems and policies and procedures related to finance, human resources, and IT related procedures, processes, and administration.
● Manage leasing activities and maintain associated legal agreements for all HIPHI offices.
● Support organization risk management efforts, including the management of the organization’s insurance policies.
The CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 10+ years of professional experience in financial leadership and management. S/he will have experience managing and implementing systems that support excellence, efficiency and growth.
STRONG FINANCIAL EXPERIENCE
● Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
● Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial nonprofit management. If coming from a for-profit organization, extensive nonprofit board experience is preferred. This includes knowledge and familiarity with political and budget contexts at the federal, state, and local levels. Direct experience or familiarity with federal grant compliance and reporting.
● Proficiency in office and accounting software, including experience in fund accounting and presenting financial data for informed decision making
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA and CPA preferred
LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND CAPACITIES
● Strategic thinking, both vision and implementation for financial and administrative systems for long term organizational sustainability
● Initiative and organizational skills required to oversee multiple projects, use time effectively, and set priorities to achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Flexibility and adaptability to manage change, competing demands, uncertainty, and transition.
● Proactive, professional, and positive verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to communicate financial information and concepts to non-finance personnel.
● Excellent interpersonal skills that support team building with staff and partners.
● Responsiveness demonstrated by a sense of urgency, a practice of soliciting feedback to improve, diplomacy and conflict resolution.
● Collaborative approach that contributes to positive team dynamics; including the ability to define individual roles and responsibilities and connect them to collective goals and plans.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Questions and inquiries: Roella Foronda, Programs Director at email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 808-591-6508 Ext 5
Applications: Please submit the following items to email@example.com
· Cover letter
· 3 references (of no relation to you) including name, organization, title/role, email address, phone number.
· Please include the title “CFO at HIPHI” in the subject line of your email.
Application Deadline: Extended to 2/1/2021 by 5:00PM
Hawaii Public Health InstituteWhy Work Here?
We believe in public health. This is a fast-paced workplace where our work is rewarding and meaningful.
HIPHI is a nonprofit 501c3 organization. Visit https://hiphi.org.
850 Richards StreetHonolulu, HI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hawaii Public Health Institute