(Honolulu / Kailua/Waikele – Must be willing to travel if needed)
Medical Assistants for Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience will complete an array of administrative and clinical tasks in our growing offices of physicians, psychologists, geriatricians and other health practitioners. Their duties vary with the location and specialty, however we value the multidisciplinary approach and work well together to obtain the common goal which is to work together.
Our fully integrated multidisciplinary neuroscience center helps to improve the lives of people with neurological conditions through excellence in clinical practice, education, research and compassionate patient care.
We are located on the campus of Castle Medical Center in Kailua and have a second location on the campus of St Francis Medical Plaza on Liliha Street in Honolulu. Within our inviting, patient centered environment, patients have easy access to a full range of state of the the art diagnostic procedures and services. In addition to General Neurological Evaluations, we also offer the following multidisciplinary sub-specialty clinics with interdisciplinary specialists trained in this specific field.
Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as preparing or giving injections.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation and completing insurance forms.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, and office supplies and equipment.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Medical assistants take and record patients’ personal information. They must be able to keep that information confidential and discuss it only with other medical personnel who are involved in treating the patient.
- Medical assistants should not be confused with physician assistants, who examine, diagnose, and treat patients under a physician's supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Medical Assistants must graduate from formal education programs. Acceptable programs include community colleges, vocational schools, technical schools, or universities and will be greater then 1 year to completion. a diploma or certification from an accredited school will be required.
Assistants will be required to have working knowledge or be familiar with EHR’s. HPN utilizes eCW to maintain EHR’s.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
• 401k Plan
• Health Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Short term and Long term disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
Please forward updated Resume with salary recommendations/history along with HPN Application for immediate review.