- Posted: 13 days ago
POSITION FUNCTION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Projects (DSP), the Optimization Specialist (OS) manages, supports, and implements projects and initiatives aligned with improving and optimizing health center operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and leads EHR training sessions during employee onboarding and end-user ongoing professional development.
- Coordinates strategic projects that improve operational efficiency, increases patient engagement, and patient and employee satisfaction with the EHR system, integrated and third-party platforms.
- Monitors and analyzes EHR key performance indicator data with a focus on maximizing efficiency and proficiency across all clinical departments utilizing the EHR.
- This position independently assesses and designs customer specific trainings and improvements for health center operational workflows to optimize day-to-day functions
- Performs site visits to conduct outreach, education, training and orientation sessions for providers and other clinical support staff.
- Troubleshoots EHR concerns and technical inquiries with the appropriate parties; coordinates support between HCN, Epic and end-users when necessary.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High School graduate or GED certificate and 1 year of related experience in health care; OR any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources. Experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in the use of electronic health record (electronic medical record) systems to retrieve patient health information, obtain reports, and evaluate documentation.
- Ability to be flexible and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and interpersonal relations with staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with patients, staff, and community partners.
- Good organizational and self-management skills, including time management, document handling and management, and schedule management.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of computer systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Demonstrated attention to detail reflected in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations in a clear and organized manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations and guidelines, patient records, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to write at an above average level of competency including for, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, user manuals, and electronic communication.
- Ability to verbally communicate with diverse groups of people to include staff, care providers and patients in a clear manner.
- Sensitivity to the multicultural nature of the service area population and provide language translation services to patients as needed.
Personal characteristics to include: a team player, professional, personal and professional integrity, excellent communication, excellent customer relations skills, regular work attendance, courteous and friendly, able to work well with diverse groups of people, and gain and maintain respect of others, both inside and outside HICHC.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS/WORKING CONDITIONS
General Remarks: The work environments described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks and functions.
Environment: Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. There are no known environmental hazards on the premises.
Equipment Use: Telephone system and office equipment including but not limited to computer, printer, facsimile machine, copier, mobile device, and general office supplies.
Mental Demands: Duties require attention to detail, alertness, problem solving, tolerance to stress and exercising sound judgement. Good stress reduction and management skills are essential.
Travel: Travel may be required to each HICHC clinical and administrative site. Frequency may vary, based on need, and as assigned.
Confidential and Sensitive Information
Because the employee has access to personal and professional data regarding individual employees and their families, personal data regarding individual patients and their families, and/or sensitive company financial data, an essential job result is the maintenance of a high level of confidentiality of the information processed by the employee. Violation of this confidence may result in disciplinary action, including termination of employment.
The foregoing position description is not all-inclusive of the duties that may be assigned to the employee. To ensure maximum flexibility and efficiency and to encourage cross training, employees will be assigned additional duties necessary or desirable by HICHC.
Hawaii Island Community Health Center Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Hawaii Island Community Health Center Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?