Hawaii Home Therapy, a start-up home rehabilitation company, is looking for an experienced clinician to join our team. We offer you the same flexibility as home healthcare, without the hassle of OASIS documentation. Spend your time treating your patients, not worrying about notes and records! If you want to provide convenient highly-skilled therapy that is unconfined by the four walls of a clinic, join us.
Job Summary: Provide skilled therapy intervention and treatment to patients in a home setting. Monitor the patient's status and progress toward goals as well as compliance with physician’s orders. Educate patients and caregivers while preparing the patient/caregiver for discharge.
- Successful completion of a speech language pathology program at an accredited school
- Possession of a current Hawaii speech language pathology license, in good standing
- Minimum of two years of experience as a speech language pathologist
- Home health experience preferred but not required
Responsibilities/Essential Functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Treat clients to develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate speech language pathology treatments, modalities, and procedures
- Assist the physician in assessing the client’s level of functioning and the development of the plan of care by applying appropriate tests for swallowing, speech, hearing, and language disorders
- Initiate diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the client’s care plan and safety needs
- Observe, record, and report the client’s reaction to treatment and changes to the client’s condition
- Educate client and caregiver in the phases of speech language pathology and how they may assist the client
- Recommend hearing tests by an audiologist, as appropriate
This is a per-diem opportunity.