Barista - Part Time
19 hours/week; must be available to work on scheduled days Monday through Friday. Start time could be as early as 6:00 am and end at 4:00pm.
The Barista prepares and serves specialty beverages and baked goods to patrons. The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our coffee and teas. The barista fulfills any other duties the café manager assigns and represents LION and Royal Kona Coffee in a professional manner.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Greets customers.
- Prepare and serve hot and cold beverages such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees and teas.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils and equipment.
- Clean service and seating areas.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Order, receive and stock supplies.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti and bagels.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Organized – Being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customer’s needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Able to interact with others with courtesy and tact
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
- Ability to complete projects on schedule
The position requires talking to co-workers, customers, vendors; requires written communications to and from co-workers, customers and vendors, talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, customers and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other work-sites; Ability to communicate via the latest technologies required for the position.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: At least six months of customer service and cash handling experience preferred.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Language: Well-developed verbal and written English communication skills.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F 10 lbs or less F
Walk F 11-20 lbs O
Sit N 21-50 lbs N
Manually Manipulate F 51-100 lbs N
Reach Outward F Over 100 lbs N
Reach Above Shoulder O
Climb N Push/Pull
Crawl N 12 lbs or less F
Squat or Kneel F 13-25 lbs O
Bend F 26-40 lbs N
Grasp F 41-100 lbs N
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in a café. Moderate noise from the production area where coffee is roasted, packaged and stored.
Hawaii Coffee CompanyHonolulu, HI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.