Hawaii Accounting Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hawaii Accounting LLC (dba HiAccounting)
Functions: Accounting, Bookkeeping, Management Reporting
Reports To: Managing Director
Location: Honolulu, HI
FLSA Status: Exempt
HiAccounting is a locally staffed outsourced accounting and tax firm serving small to medium sized businesses. Our team of accounting and tax professionals work together on multiple clients in various industries. HiAccounting is a division of The Hawaii Group, Hawaii’s leading business process outsourcing firm. We strongly believe in working personally and directly with our clients, connecting through HiGroup’s core principles of integrity, transparency, and dedicated client service.
HiAccounting is seeking a Senior Accountant to join its outsourced accounting division. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for overseeing the preparation of accounting workpapers and reconciliations to support the issuance of financial statements and management reports. The Senior Accountant should be self-driven, passionate and client service focused – serving as a role model to junior staff.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Managing Director of HiAccounting under the supervision of an Accounting Manager.
- Serves as the primary liaison with client personnel ensuring deadlines are met.
- Reviews workpapers and reconciliations necessary to support the financial statement closing.
- Create, update and monitor various management reports.
- Coaches junior staff members as needed regarding workpaper documentation.
- Oversees the preparation of financial statements and management reports.
- Oversees the preparation of budgets and practice variance analysis.
- Supervises junior staff to ensure work is performed accurately and timely.
- Provides training, coaching and mentoring to junior staff regarding client service.
- Works with Practice Development Manager on implementing new clients.
- Oversees the filing of general excise tax returns and other reports to regulatory agencies as needed.
- Understands general business including business law, formation and entity types and practices ability to make recommendations for business planning.
- Stays up-to-date regarding regulatory and industry changes to respond to client’s needs.
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to clients and employees at all times, with an emphasis on being proactive, responsive, professional, and accurate.
- Understands client’s business and industry and establishes a full understanding of client’s service needs.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel; ensure client deadlines are being met and manage client expectations regarding deliverables, budgets and timelines.
- Develops relationships with client and takes part in client events.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with client’s employees, and co-workers to promote a quality service image.
- Embraces team based approach to client service.
- Encourages collaboration, open communication and problem solving in a team.
- Tracks and records time accurately. Understands client engagement agreement and is able to identify services outside of this scope.
- Identify new opportunities for clients and promote other company services to clients that would help them in their business.
- Assist with new client implementation process including preparing a proposal for services, setting a budget and assigning return to team.
- Assist with new client interviews and develops a scope-of-work proposal and engagement letter. Sets engagement budgets.
- Ability to manage a large number of clients and client projects.
- Assist to review time spent on projects and approve final invoice amount for project.
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Works closely with staff to answer questions and is available for help.
- Seeks mentoring and coaching opportunities and serves as a “buddy” to new staff and interns.
- Track and record time accurately. Review time recorded by staff to ensure project remains on budget.
- Completes Project Evaluation for junior staff and help with performance evaluation feedback.
- Participates and engages in training. Seeks continuing education opportunities.
- Assist with recruiting for new accounting and tax professionals.
- Practice integrity and professional judgment.
- Self-driven and takes initiative to research questions. Ability to work independently to resolve most issues but seeks advice from management when needed.
- Embraces technology and quickly adapts to technological changes. Takes a leadership role in company initiatives to implement new processes to streamline work flow.
- Deadline driven and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Actively contribute to the overall positive culture of the company.
- Attend networking and industry events to expand the brand of HiAccounting, our visibility in the market place and to generate new business.
- Participate and lead organization efforts to building a strong community presence with charitable activities.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with the company’s established policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. HiAccounting shall make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal Senior Accountant is familiar with accounting and financial operations in a fast-paced, for-profit environment. This person will meet most or all of the following requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
Experience: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting and/or the private sector, including at least one year of supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position.
Licenses: CPA license highly preferred, but not required.
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Prior knowledge of Intacct, QuickBooks or other accounting software is preferred.
Other Requirements: Perform other duties as required. Must be able to travel as required; overnight or extended stays as needed. Availability to work additional hours or weekends, as projects and tax deadlines demand. Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver’s license. Ready availability in person or electronically to senior executives in case of emergency.
Location: HiAccounting prides itself on being locally staffed. This position requires that the applicant live in Oahu. If you are an applicant currently not living in Oahu, please specify in your cover letter your relocation timing and efforts.
WORKING AT HIACCOUNTING
Encouraging an active, Hawaii lifestyle by supporting our employees’ interests, efforts, and activities, HiGroup is proud to be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii for nine (9) years in a row!
Since its inception, the HiGroup team has enjoyed exceptional benefit packages. Alongside traditional options, such as full medical, dental, vision, drug, disability, life insurance, 401K, flexible spending, supplemental benefits, and profit sharing, as well as a generous PTO and holiday leave program, HiGroup also proudly offers its employees even more generous support at work, at home, and in the community. Offering paid time off for employees to volunteer as well as investing in learning and development opportunities company-wide, HiGroup enthusiastically encourages their team members’ desires to be good citizens on and off the job.
We encourage career development by providing a buddy and mentoring system, regular performance evaluations and reimbursements for continuing education for the CPA or other professional certifications. We are family oriented and provide a flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely.
- Daily employer provided lunch under the HiGroup Daily Grinds Program.
- Gym/fitness reimbursements.
- Cell phone reimbursement (for EE’s that use their phone for work).
- Parking or buss pass subsidy.
- Regular in-office massage therapy.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely when needed.
- Support of CPA and continuing education.
- 12 paid holidays (includes your birthday off).
- Paid time off for volunteering.
- Employee snacks and drinks.
- Career advancement.
- 401K, 4% matching and profit sharing (after eligibility requirements are met).
- Health benefits (after eligibility requirements are met).
- Life Insurance.